Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
old hand
old hand
Ok, I was making a help video for my users on how Watched Topics works, and discovered a bit of a bug.

1. View a topic and add it to your Watched Topics list via the Topic Options drop down.
2. Go to "My Watche Lists", and click the "Watched Topics" tab.
3. Click the Edit WAtched topics link and from there, remove the topic you just added.
4. Now, go back to the same topic you previously added (and now removed). Notice that when you select "Topic Options" it STILL gives you the option to remove the topic from your watched list, even though you just did remove it from your main Edit Watched Topics area.
5. It seems to work right if you log out and then log back in, so I'm guessing this bug has something to do with sessions or cookies? At any rate, if I removed a topic from the Edit Watched Topics screen, it should not show me the "Remove Topic from Watched Topics" option when I go back and view the same topic again.

Basil

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
This is something that I'm still working on. There are a few reports scattered around with the watched icons being inconsistent and the behavior you noted. It has to do with the caching that's being used and it's not being updated properly. Still looking for the fix on this one.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
This was an issue with watched topics and users where it wasn't updating the cache properly. Both of these will be fixed for 7.1.1.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
That cache is one fickle misstress...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 744 guests, and 147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29