Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
addict
addict
Currently when notify emails are sent to users when a PM has been sent to them, it's just a basic email with the notification blurb, and a link.

I'd like to include the PM contents in the email too. Can somebody tell me where to start and/or how difficult this would be?

Thanks a lot! smile

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by rmjorg
I'd like to include the PM contents in the email too. Can somebody tell me where to start and/or how difficult this would be?
It's not a possibity in the current codebase; Rick has however finally stated (much nagging on my part and numerous feature requests) that he'l be working on something in a future build (7.2?)

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
addict
addict
Well, we sort of have got it working, but there are some buts ...

We modified sendmessages.inc.php to include the message body in the recipient NOTIFY section. This works, but only for the original PM. Any replies or further PMs to that thread send the notify email, but no body text.

I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Yep - that was as far as I got LOL

Didn't go too much further as hopefully it will be in 7.2 smile

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
I've done this on my board and taken advantage of the mailer class to make it more UI friendly (HTML) than just a plain text email.

Shoot me a PM and i can point you in the right direction.

W
old hand
old hand
W Offline
I think the mails that go out - to readers and also to admin - are very basic and could do with being better and as featured as they were in classic. I certainly miss having the new registration emails come that show the username in the subject line.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by rmjorg

That's not nearly as bothersome to me as the fact that the link is wrong. It should go to ?ubb=viewmessages instead of ?ubb=login

There's also no way to look at your message list and tell who you replied to, and who you have not yet done so. Moderators with lots of PMs don't always respond to every PM while it still is flagged as 'new', and afterwards you can't tell what has and what hasn't been replied to. And, if they were to immediately delete messages they reply to, the recipient can reply, but it won't go back to the Moderator's mailbox, so the message is essentially lost.

Shane

RnJpZW5kc2hpcCB3aXRoIHRoZSB3b3JsZCBpcyBob3N0aWxpdH
kgdG93YXJkcyBHb2QuICBKYW1lcyA0OjQ=
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I'd like to see a way to mark pm's "new" after you've read them... Sometimes after reading them you just forget about them, so when something importnt comes up and you shove it to the side you tend to forget about it lol

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
old hand
old hand
With this change for 7.2, in addition to the body of the PM going out in the email notification, will the sender's name be included as well?

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Nightcrawler), 445 guests, and 142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29