Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
B Offline
All my posts seem to come over.. but almost every user gets an error. And when all is said and done, I just get a notification that there is a DB error only visible to administrators.

I may be completely odd in this problem (usually am)

When I start the importer, I get this (among other errors later on)

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /raid/home/dancesafe/dancesafe/booth/libs/mysql.inc.php on line 227

Upgrading from 6.5.4

Color me lost.

Per what I have been able to find on the net, it seems most times it is a query issue.. but I am using the downloaded importer from Groupee.

Thoughts? Or should I say what more info might you need?

When you say user, you mean as the import does its stuff?

Not on a live board?

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Hi Bryan,

If you're still at the stage where you're getting the "Database error only visible to Admins" error, then the first step would be to check what that is, because it may be related to the import issue.

What you can do is edit the libs/mysql.inc.php file. Around line 281, you'll see this line:

$showerror = 0;

Change that, to this:

$showerror = 1;

This should then show the actual error and we can go from there.

B
B Offline
Sorry all, should have said this. Main board (currently in use @ www.dancesafe.org/ubbthreads) new board in www.dancesafe.org/booth.

This is the error I get.

Script: /raid/home/dancesafe/dancesafe/booth/libs/ubbthreads.inc.php
Line#: 2142
SQL Error: Table 'dsbooth.ubbt_dsboothUSERS' doesn't exist
SQL Error #: 1146
Query: select t2.USER_TIME_OFFSET,t2.USER_TOPIC_VIEW_TYPE,t2.USER_TIME_FORMAT,t1.USER_DISPLAY_NAME,t1.USER_PASSWORD,t1.USER_SESSION_ID, t1.USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL, t2.USER_TOTAL_PM, t1.USER_ID, t1.USER_IS_BANNED,t1.USER_IS_UNDERAGE, t2.USER_STYLE,t2.USER_HIDE_LEFT_COLUMN,t2.USER_HIDE_RIGHT_COLUMN,t2.USER_LANGUAGE,t2.USER_MOOD,t2.USER_RELATIVE_TIME from ubbt_dsboothUSERS AS t1, ubbt_dsboothUSER_PROFILE as t2 where t1.USER_ID = '' and t1.USER_ID = t2.USER_ID

So.. since the DB that was created for the 7.1 version was fresh, it seems like the importer did not create the table for the users to reside in. Which would follow, since the original error recieved during the import happened during a user import session.

One of the full errors from the original import is

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /raid/home/dancesafe/dancesafe/booth/libs/mysql.inc.php on line 227
Importing EricBZ - EricBZ (1612)

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Actually, the importer doesn't create the USERS table. This is supposed to be created by the initial install. Do you have anything like phpmyadmin installed so you can look at what tables exist in the database? It would appear that the initial install didn't create all the tables.

B
B Offline
ubbt_dsboothcattemp 0 MyISAM latin1_swedish_ci 1.0 KiB -
ubbt_dsboothfiletemp 0 MyISAM latin1_swedish_ci 1.0 KiB -
ubbt_dsboothforumtemp 0 MyISAM latin1_swedish_ci 1.0 KiB -
ubbt_dsboothgrouptemp 8 MyISAM latin1_swedish_ci 1.1 KiB -
ubbt_dsboothimportconfig 1 MyISAM latin1_swedish_ci 1.1 KiB -
ubbt_dsboothmemtemp 2,000 MyISAM latin1_swedish_ci 68.8 KiB -
ubbt_dsboothpolltemp

The install went perfectly as far as I could see when it happened. And I stopped right before creating the admin. (I followed the instructions on the upgrade / importer page letter by letter)

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
If those are the only tables you're seeing then there is some type of issue somewhere. You're basically missing ALL of the actual UBB.threads tables for the forum to actually work.

When you say you stopped right before creating the admin. It actually gives you two options. Either create the admin, or just create the tables. If you stopped at that screen, that could be the problem. You want to click the link for just creating the tables.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Quoting the guide in help on this:
3. Go through the new install procedure (yourforums.tld/forums/install/install.php) until you reach the "create admin user" screen then click on the "create tables" link (do NOT click on the "create admin user" link).

Step3 is a two part step wink...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Nightcrawler), 445 guests, and 142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29