Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T Offline
Not sure if it is because I used the classic version for many years but cannot figure out what is wrong.
This week I upgraded to 7.1 threads and imported my 6.7 classic where you went to user permissions and set what groups they had access to.
Now in 7.1 there is nothing to assign a user to a group(s) and going to groups in admin I cannot tell how it work and what is wrong ?

What got lost doing the import for I did have several private groups that should be in the V7.1

Thanks, JR

JR
Team ZR-1 Corvette Racer's
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Odd, users who belonged to a private forum in UBB.C should be added to a group in UBB.t7 which would be named something like "private_forum#".

As for adding groups:
CP -> Forums -> Group Management -> Add Group

As for adding users TO groups, this is done in member management; once you have a user profile open in the control panel, click the permissions tab; and it'll allow you to add users.

I however would like to eventually see an option in the Groups page to add users to groups vs having to edit users...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
T
enthusiast
enthusiast
T Offline
I fixed it but not sure how, for some reason after import the private groups were gone and some of the thread groups were listed as OLD_groups and I had to delete them

JR
Team ZR-1 Corvette Racer's
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by teamzr1
and some of the thread groups were listed as OLD_groups and I had to delete them
thats what I was referancing; the "old_groups" should ahve had a number to it for each forum# I think

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Nightcrawler), 445 guests, and 142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29