Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Currently we have specific moderators for specific forums, but want to open it up so our 11 moderators have authorization in all forums. We could list the entries for each of them after we assign "rights', but would prefer one listing.

TIA

guod@simhq [dot] com

twitter.com/SimHQ
youtube.com/SimHQcom
livestream.com/SimHQ
C
C Offline
you just want to grant them read/write access to a private forum or do you want them to have mod access to all forums?

Apart from adding them to each forum not much.

You can how ever if you have not done so,
hide them from the main index view.

Were normally using the term "Super Moderators or Global Moderators"

for what your suggesting.

Its not an option at the moment.

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Unfortunately, the option for "Global Moderators" hasn't yet been introduced in UBB.T7; though I've been pushing for it for a LONG time...

Your only real way of accomplishing this is to add the users as a moderator to every group individually.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Thanks folks. That's what I needed to know.

guod@simhq [dot] com

twitter.com/SimHQ
youtube.com/SimHQcom
livestream.com/SimHQ
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I messaged Rick that I'd bake him cookies if he put it in, got no response :X

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Dredging this old thread up again.

1) Global moderators are not in 7.2, right? It's still a case of manually adding our current moderators to each forum as a moderator? Lessie... 9 moderators x 101 forums = Ouch!

2) Another question about staff access. We have several Administrators. We want to reduce to 3-4 the number of total staff members who have access to the control panel, which all "Administrators" do have full access, right?

3) I created a new group called "Staff" (original, huh?). They have access to all the forums.

4) I need to add staff members (moderators and administrators) into that group, right?

5) Do I then remove them from their previous moderator and administrator "Member Status" and make them "Users" ...or do I make all of them moderators?

6) Moderators see the "Control Panel" link but it's limited what can be done, right?

7) Is the "Edit Users" Capability what allows access to the full "Control Panel"?

8) And for the 3-4 persons I want to have full Control Panel access, how best to show them as "Staff" but with the added capability.

I'm sooooo confused! Argh!

TIA for any and all help.

guod@simhq [dot] com

twitter.com/SimHQ
youtube.com/SimHQcom
livestream.com/SimHQ
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
1. Exactly, no global mods in threads, so many mods of many forums, added manually is the only resolve... There are several requests for this as a feature, and I even opted to bake cookies... wink

2. Any "administrator" has access to the CP; if you dont want them to ahve cp access, or have limited cp access, demote them to a moderator and set the moderator permissions.

3-5. this group would only have read/write access; not edit powers.

6. yes, you set these limits in moderator settings (see the two tabs? it's the second one), you can set this on a user by user basis.

Thanks Gizmo.

Is there a way to provide moderator capabilities in a new group I'd call Staff?

Reason... I am trying to avoid the longtime admins feeling they've been demoted so if everyone has the title "Staff", I get rid of the pecking order problem. Then if I can select the different permissions, including the Control Panel, it would be transparent.

Long before I bought the site they had numerous admins so I'm trying to deal with it in the best way possible.

Wish List: A checkbox page for admins like there is for moderators, and a third page for a created category like my "Staff" idea.

Sorry... still dense on all this.

guod@simhq [dot] com

twitter.com/SimHQ
youtube.com/SimHQcom
livestream.com/SimHQ
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Well, you could set everyone's title to staff... The way the current permission ssystem works a new group with such abilities is impossible.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
3 members (rootman, Gizmo, Nightcrawler), 562 guests, and 186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29