Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#189797 07/03/2007 5:30 AM
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
I have searched the forums on this subject and found some related postings, however none of them resembles my problem. So apologies if my entry is duplicate..

import from classicc 6.7.* to treads.

7 install: no problem!
Import form classic gives error: Checking... You entered the wrong path to the members directory.

All old directories are checked to be properly spelled.

Webserver (IIS) web directory is defined as:http://ipadress/mywebdir

Location of the membersdir on server:
C:/inetpub/vhost/domain/mywebdir/oldforum/ubbcgi/Members

In the import wizard I filled out:
/oldforum/ubcgi/Members

(I also tried
mywebdir/oldforum/ubbcgi/Members
http://ip/mywebdir/oldforum/ubbcgi/Members

I would appreciate any help,
Thanx

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
What do you have for the membersdir in classic?

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
To keep a long story short:
Oldforum (classic) is running on an old server and old domain.
Newforum (treads) is installed on new server and new domain.

So what i did was: copyd the old dirs (as of a back-up) and put them under the new dir on the new server.
So the new situation looks like this

Root(new server) - My Web DIR -
.Forums(Treads)

.OldForum(Classic)

.. UBB

.. UBBCGI

... Members

btw: old forum is closed now and will be reopened as soon as newforum is operational.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Ahh, well first, classic needs to be running on the new install; otherwise the importer will choke, so you'll need to setup the paths to where they work on the new server.

On most hosts the have a jailed shell for users, but apache still uses a full root path, so where you may see your path as
/var/www/html

It likely exists as:
/home/sitename.tld/var/www/html

What you could do is create a file named phpinfo.php which contains:
Code
<?php phpinfo(); ?>

In this file look for the line: _SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"]

This should tell you the location of the phpinfo script; which, if uploaded to your web server root, will be the full path to your web directory; from there you should be able to ensure the path to your cgi and member files in your classic install are correct and hopefully get everything running.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Hello Gizmo,
Thanks for your replies!
The doc root =
C:\Inetpub\vhosts\vnvdalpa.nl\httpdocs\vnv_web

The old-dirs are put under vnv_web/oldforum.

In the import wizard i should fill in:

C:\Inetpub\vhost\vnvdalpa.nl\httpdocs\vnv_web\olddir\ubbcgu\Members

Is this correct?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Yes, you should insert that full path, you may have to change all of your "\"'s to "/"'s though; one of which should work wink...

Be sure though that you enter the correct info in the directory; you have "ubbcgu" in the path...

You'll also want to ensure that your UBB.C board on your new host works properly, as the importer needs to be able to read the data (and it'll ensure you are truely using the proper paths)

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
And NP about the replies; it's always good to help new people; never know what kind of friends one can make for just helping them out wink

C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Hello Gizmo,
could you explain what you mean by:
Originally Posted by Gizmo
You'll also want to ensure that your UBB.C board on your new host works properly, as the importer needs to be able to read the data (and it'll ensure you are truely using the proper paths)

It doesn't ring a bell...
Sorry, i'm not so used to those cgi-things,
regards,

C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Hello Gizmo,
after setting all the paths, the import initiated succesfully but generated an error halfway:

Importing forum: "Professioneel Forum"
Importing forum: "Route Forum"
Importing forum: "Advertorials"
Importing forum: "KLM Forum"
Importing forum: "Air exel Forum"

Warning: html::include(languages//generic.php) [function.html-include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\vnvdalpa.nl\httpdocs\vnv_web\forums\libs\ubbthreads.inc.php on line 799

Warning: html::include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'languages//generic.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;./includes;./pear') in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\vnvdalpa.nl\httpdocs\vnv_web\forums\libs\ubbthreads.inc.php on line 799

Notice: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "not_right_bare.tpl" in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\vnvdalpa.nl\httpdocs\vnv_web\forums\libs\smarty\Smarty.class.php on line 1088

Not all the Forums were imported, and does imported contained no postings. It looks like the members are imported properly.

Should I do a new import? And how do I do it?
Thanx

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Yes, try a new import, simply clear out the mysql database, and then run the "install/createtables.php" file then re-run your importer

C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
The new import hangs on the same errors.
But looking at the error messages:
Classic was using the Dutch language.
Can this be the problem? Should I install Dutch in the new forum first and then run the import?

Thanx

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
hmm not sure; the error is missing the language name so I have no clue as to why it's generating *that* error (it should show languages/english/file.php

C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
If i look to the line for the errorcode:

if (!is_array($ubbt_lang)) {
include("languages/{$user['USER_LANGUAGE']}/generic.php");

it looks like {$user['USER_LANGUAGE']} is not filled in. So maybe the importer cannot find $user?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Hmm, try setting that to:
if (!is_array($ubbt_lang)) {
include("languages/english/generic.php");

C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Well, actually i did that already, but this way:
include("languages/admin/english/generic.php");

i included admin, as this is the way it looks on the server

C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Ah, sorry , i see that generic.php is also listed in the languages directory. I'm gonna try it and let you know.
btw: I see we have 9 hours time diff. So I'll try to hurry before you sign-off......

C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Same error,
howeever the language dir is shown now:
Warning: html::include(languages/english/generic.php) [function.html-include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\vnvdalpa.nl\httpdocs\vnv_web\forums\libs\ubbthreads.inc.php on line 799

Warning: html::include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'languages/english/generic.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;./includes;./pear') in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\vnvdalpa.nl\httpdocs\vnv_web\forums\libs\ubbthreads.inc.php on line 799

Notice: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "not_right_bare.tpl" in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\vnvdalpa.nl\httpdocs\vnv_web\forums\libs\smarty\Smarty.class.php on line 1088

anything else i can try?

btw. The members are imported well, also a few forums, but it quits after importing the 5th forumsubject..

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Is there anything "odd" about this subject? Is it especially long? Does it include any "special characters" (non-latin, or ascii)?

C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
I assume I have to search in vars_forums_cgi:
I copied a part of the file:
The forum marked bold is the last subject imported:

2|^|KLM Forum|^|<font color="#000080">KLM Ledenforum</font>|^|On|^|is not|^|is|^|allreg&allreg|^||^|4|^|klmplane.jpg|^|ON|^|yes|^||^|all&all|^|000008|^|date|^||^|1
|^|Air exel Forum|^|<font color="#009999">AIR EXEL Ledenforum</font>|^|Off|^|is not|^|is|^|allreg&allreg|^||^|5|^||^|ON|^|yes|^||^|all&all|^|000005|^|date|^||^|12|^|Martinair Forum|^|<font color="#FF0000">MARTINAIR Ledenforum</font>|^|On|^|is not|^|is|^|allreg&allreg|^||^|6|^|maclogo200.gif|^|ON|^|yes|^||^|all&all|^|000009|^|date|^||^|1

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Not sure from here, the subject looks fine AFAICT; I think we'll have to wait on Rick or IanSpense to see any further

C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
before giving the error another error is gegenerated, but i'm not able to read it because the script goes on and imports a few forums and stops at the error.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
If an error is generated it SHOULD be contained in your error_log on the server as well, should you have logging enabled through your webhost. So by looking at the bottom of said error log you should be able to discover the last few errors on the site.

C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
Hello Gizmo,
management just decided to start a new forum on the new server, so we don't require an import of the old data anymore.
So you can say I'm saved by the bell...
Thank you

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Well, I suppose that's one way of getting around issues lol...

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Nightcrawler), 541 guests, and 173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29