Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
T Offline
I ran the patch to 7.2 and it left me at 7.1.1 now every time I try and repair or re-run the update it tells me "This upgrade has been completed. Please remove the entire install directory" I have deleted the install directory and re-uploaded the files from the 7.2 zip and I still get the message "This upgrade has been completed. Please remove the entire install directory" Is there a file that needs to be rolled back to think it is still 7.1.1 or do I need to reload the site from the backup I did prior to the update?

Hoping I can just roll back a file; if not what is the best way to reinstall the site from the backup? I would imagine with a fresh install and then another import...

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
You probably need to open a support ticket for that -- many things could go wrong at this point trying to hand-hold an altertable script. smile

If you can "reload the site from the backup I did prior to the update" that will probably save you some time.

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
It appears this is a problem for some users upgrading from 7.0.x. It runs the 7.1 altertable, but not the 7.2 altertable. A quick fix for now, you can run the following SQL command:

update ubbt_VERSION set SCRIPT_VERSION='7.1.1'

After that, go through the upgrade script again and it will run the 7.2 alters.

T
T Offline
Originally Posted by Rick
It appears this is a problem for some users upgrading from 7.0.x. It runs the 7.1 altertable, but not the 7.2 altertable. A quick fix for now, you can run the following SQL command:

After that, go through the upgrade script again and it will run the 7.2 alters.

From the /ubbthreads directory the command: update ubbt_VERSION set SCRIPT_VERSION='7.1.1'

returns bash: update: command not found

Any suggestions? and thank you Gizmo and Rick for the help

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
That's an actual SQL command you'll need to run. You'll want to run that either directly from a mysql shell or from something like phpmyadmin:

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Rick, tried running that then going through the upgrade and it still says he's running 7.1.1; and further proof the altertable wasn't run is that when editing a forum he gets:
Code
SELECT FORUM_TITLE,FORUM_DESCRIPTION,FORUM_ALLOW_HTML,FORUM_ALLOW_MARKUP,FORUM_IS_MODERATED,CATEGORY_ID,FORUM_DEFAULT_TOPIC_AGE,FORUM_CUSTOM_HEADER,FORUM_STYLE,FORUM_IMAGE,FORUM_IS_ACTIVE,FORUM_PARENT,FORUM_ALLOW_ATTACHMENTS,FORUM_ALLOW_POLLS,FORUM_POLLS_ANYWHERE,FORUM_ISLAND_INSERT,FORUM_SHOW_INTRO,FORUM_INTRO_TITLE,FORUM_GUEST_CAPTCHA,FORUM_IS_TEASER,FORUM_IS_GALLERY FROM ubbt_FORUMS WHERE FORUM_ID = '1'

Unknown column 'FORUM_IS_TEASER' in 'field list'

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Did it actually let the upgrade script run? Meaning, could you go through the steps of the upgrade including where it says it's going to upgrade the database, or did it just stop?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
It would run the upgrade script again yes, however all of the fields showed blank; it went to the update database step and said it ran, but obviously it lies...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Might need this one in a support ticket with ftp info, admin info, and the info for running the sql command as well, however that was run.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
<snicker> dont have any of that information; just happen to be adminned on his forums (I did some stylesheet work for him); just ran the sql command from the UBB CP and it said it effected 1 row.

Will email him to open up a support ticket

T
T Offline
Rick, I will send you that info tonight when I get home from work. It was strange how it did say "This upgrade has been completed. Please remove the entire install directory"

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Got your information. It looks like possibly not all of the files were uploaded or something like that. I was able to upload the files and run through the upgrade ok.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Not the first time this has happened to users. Maybe add an additional part to the script that checks to confirm all default files are found on the system before proceeding.

its getting better i will say wink

i would like to see a txt readable version of changes
in the installer directory, as i like to peak but
its written all joined up and gobbley gook lol

you know what i mean.

A readable version of the changes wink

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Well it's supposed to make sure that all of the files are uploaded that need to be. It uses the UPGRADE_CHANGES.txt file to check to make sure everything was uploaded as it should be and normally will not let you continue if it doesn't find anything. So, I'm not entirely sure what happened there.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Well, he tried the upgrade path of uploading only the install directory and the libs/ubbthreads.inc.php file; from there things just got awkward...

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Nightcrawler), 445 guests, and 142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29