Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
stranger
stranger
I used updated from version 7.02 -> 7.2. I got at the end the message, that everything was upgrade successfully and that I should delete the installation directory. Now I get the following error message, when I want to access the forum:

UBB Error
We encountered a problem. The reason reported was
Database error only visible to forum administrators
Please use your back button to return to the previous page.

Can anybody help?

You need to check the log files in your control panel,
as the error is being sent there.

And not to the screen.

If you can post the error then we may be able to help,
a link to your site too wink

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
set $debug=1, so you can (as admin) see the error.

stranger
stranger
Please applologize my ingnorance, but I am a realy beginner.

Here the linke 'FULL_URL' => 'http://www.uncertaintymanager.com/ubbthreads' with this link you directly see the error.

But I do not know where to check, because I can not access the control panel at all. I Just get this message and not more.

I also do not know where to set $debug=1

Thanks a lot

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer

stranger
stranger
As you might have see. It shows the same error....

UBB Error We encountered a problem. The reason reported was

Database error only visible to forum administrators

Please use your back button to return to the previous page.

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
ok, that means it's not even getting far enough along to know that you are an admin, in order to inform you...

well.. bleh i know how i'd look @ it, but that involves disabling the admin check and just showing the error period..

don't know if i should display that out here... frown

PM me smile

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Open libs/mysql.inc.php
Change:
$showerror = 0;

To:
$showerror = 1;

Now load the page and you'll see the error.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
It's recommended to change this back once fixed; security and all wink

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
his altertable step 1 hadn't even been run.. that's the last i heard so far..

doesn't look like a clean upgrade as far as i see...

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
That'd probably cause some issues... lol...

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
It appears this is a problem for some users upgrading from 7.0.x. It runs the 7.1 altertable, but not the 7.2 altertable. A quick fix for now, you can run the following SQL command:

update ubbt_VERSION set SCRIPT_VERSION='7.1.1'

After that, go through the upgrade script again and it will run the 7.2 alters.

stranger
stranger
What to do when you are totally fubar in this process....

I am not seeing any of the features which have been added and I am getting error messages left and right after the update said it was successful from 7.1.1 to the 7.2

SELECT t1.USER_LOGIN_NAME,t1.USER_DISPLAY_NAME,t2.USER_REAL_EMAIL,t2.USER_DISPLAY_EMAIL,t2.USER_DEFAULT_SIGNATURE,t2.USER_HOMEPAGE, t2.USER_OCCUPATION,t2.USER_HOBBIES,t2.USER_LOCATION,t2.USER_ICQ,t2.USER_YAHOO,t2.USER_MSN,t2.USER_AIM,t2.USER_EXTRA_FIELD_1, t2.USER_EXTRA_FIELD_2,t2.USER_EXTRA_FIELD_3,t2.USER_EXTRA_FIELD_4,t2.USER_EXTRA_FIELD_5,t2.USER_AVATAR,t2.USER_VISIBLE_ONLINE_STATUS, t2.USER_ACCEPT_PM,t2.USER_BIRTHDAY,t2.USER_PUBLIC_BIRTHDAY,t2.USER_AVATAR_WIDTH,t2.USER_AVATAR_HEIGHT, t2.USER_TOPIC_VIEW_TYPE,t2.USER_TOPICS_PER_PAGE,t2.USER_SHOW_AVATARS,t2.USER_POSTS_PER_TOPIC,t2.USER_TIME_OFFSET,t2.USER_SHOW_SIGNATURES,t2.USER_TIME_FORMAT,t2.USER_NOTIFY_ON_PM,t2.USER_ACCEPT_ADMIN_EMAILS,t1.USER_REGISTERED_ON,t1.USER_REGISTRATION_IP,t3.USER_LAST_POST_TIME,t3.USER_LAST_IP,t2.USER_RATING,t2.USER_CUSTOM_TITLE,t2.USER_NAME_COLOR,t1.USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL,t1.USER_IS_BANNED,t1.USER_IS_UNDERAGE,t2.USER_FLOOD_CONTROL_OVERRIDE,t2.USER_CANNOT_PM FROM ubbt_USERS as t1, ubbt_USER_PROFILE as t2, ubbt_USER_DATA as t3 WHERE t1.USER_ID = '100' and t1.USER_ID = t2.USER_ID and t1.USER_ID = t3.USER_ID

Unknown column 't2.USER_CANNOT_PM' in 'field list'

SELECT FORUM_TITLE,FORUM_DESCRIPTION,FORUM_ALLOW_HTML,FORUM_ALLOW_MARKUP,FORUM_IS_MODERATED,CATEGORY_ID,FORUM_DEFAULT_TOPIC_AGE,FORUM_CUSTOM_HEADER,FORUM_STYLE,FORUM_IMAGE,FORUM_IS_ACTIVE,FORUM_PARENT,FORUM_ALLOW_ATTACHMENTS,FORUM_ALLOW_POLLS,FORUM_POLLS_ANYWHERE,FORUM_ISLAND_INSERT,FORUM_SHOW_INTRO,FORUM_INTRO_TITLE,FORUM_GUEST_CAPTCHA,FORUM_IS_TEASER,FORUM_IS_GALLERY FROM ubbt_FORUMS WHERE FORUM_ID = '119'

Unknown column 'FORUM_IS_TEASER' in 'field list'

UBB Error
We encountered a problem. The reason reported was
Script: /home/content/b/i/g/bigcatsrule/html/rpg/ubbthreads-7-1-1/scripts/cfrm.inc.php
Line#: 256
SQL Error: Unknown column 'FORUM_IS_TEASER' in 'field list'
SQL Error #: 1054
Query: SELECT FORUM_TITLE,FORUM_DESCRIPTION,FORUM_ID,FORUM_POSTS,FORUM_LAST_POST_TIME,FORUM_IS_MODERATED,FORUM_TOPICS,FORUM_SORT_ORDER,FORUM_LAST_POSTER_ID,FORUM_LAST_TOPIC_ID,FORUM_LAST_POST_ID,FORUM_LAST_POSTER_NAME,FORUM_LAST_POST_SUBJECT,FORUM_LAST_POST_ICON,FORUM_IMAGE,CATEGORY_ID,FORUM_PARENT,FORUM_IS_TEASER,FORUM_IS_GALLERY,FORUM_IS_RSS FROM ubbt_FORUMS WHERE FORUM_IS_ACTIVE = '1' ORDER BY CATEGORY_ID,FORUM_SORT_ORDER

Please use your back button to return to the previous page

Dark Obsessions RPG - www.darkobessions-rpg.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
It really seems like you didn't get all the files uploaded properly.

Can you try re-uploading the files with FTP. Maybe try using another FTP program as well.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
If you're totally stuck and can't get by this, just go ahead and open up a support ticket so I can take a look.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Sounds like the 7.2 altertable didn't get run during your upgrade

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Sounds like the 7.2 altertable didn't get run during your upgrade
I really hoped this was fixed in the last beta; I had it on 7.2b2 myself

stranger
stranger
I gave up and install the version 7.2 from scratch... Too bad a lot to do. And this was not the first time that an upgrade would not work....

stranger
stranger
I uploaded them with SmartFTP, did that three times. Once with it uploading the folders, had the errors and thought perhaps things didn't load properly. I had copied the existing to my pc prior to anything and uploaded them back into the server to overwrite things back to the 7.1.1. After that, I went back and did the upload again with the files selected invididually. I ran the update again and once again, I had errors.

I even tried uploading things with FrontPage and got the same errors. Something isn't clicking within my stuff that is for sure. And I have considered doing it as an install rather than a upgrade/update, but can my current forum data within my sql be left there and be pulled in by the install or will we lose ourrent open threads. The images and styles, I know that I can restore those if lost. I have them saved on my pc and can adjust them within word before pulling them back through the system if I have to, but the threads, users, forums, and such which are stored in the sql are a concern.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Your best bet is to open up a support ticket so I can take a look. At this point there's not much we can suggest over the forums and it will be much easier if I can actually login via both admin and ftp so I can exactly what's going on.

stranger
stranger
supprt ticket has been submitted.

Last edited by BigCats; 07/19/2007 4:29 PM.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Can I use that ticket number too grin

Not sure how much real concern there is but you should probably remove the ticket # from your post.

stranger
stranger
actually, I doubt you could use it without the login information for my ubb license... but it is removed.

I want to thank Rick for finding the error and resolving the issue for me.

You are the best!

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I highly advise against using anything other than a normal FTP client to upload files; if you open files in a utility such as frontpage it may add its own prepriatary tags to the header and you can run into issues far more than just upgrade related.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel

ftp
open ftp.mysite.com
cd mydir
put myfile1

grin

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
'eh I just get kinda weary when I hear people with "alternative methods" of doing things that can break their site lol... My favorites are "I opened the file in frontpage to make a change and now it won't work!"... or "I deleted this stuff because I didn't want it, and it's not working right"...

stranger
stranger
If you looked... I used Smart FTP three times before resorting to the FrontPage. I know there are additionals added to the mix when uploading with that program. But thanks for the reminder.

As I was told, one script failed to run. the UbbVersion was not changed as a result and the program didn't know which version I was using. Rick sorted it out and got it running for me.

But from seeing some others having errors. I would say you guys might want to look at that scripting since not only is there issue with the alter but with the version.

Or could just be that something got glitched when I either downloaded from your site, unzipped it on my pc, or uploaded it with the ftp client. Numerous things can and will go wrong, it is Murphy's Law. But when more than one has issues with the same ending, you might want to consider that it isn't just the insane red head in the corner screwing things up on her site again.

Last edited by BigCats; 07/20/2007 8:34 AM.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
No problem glad you got it sorted out.

Generally speaking though FTP would be the most likely candidate for invalid/corrupted files. If you download it and can unzip it to a folder on your system it's pretty good indicator the file is good otherwise you should get a CRC error on extraction.

That's why I suggested a different FTP program. There are plenty of freeware and shareware 30 day trials on the web. I love WS_FTP and have used it for years but at times it gets screwy too and uploads files wrong.

Rick says he has in part of the script that it checks to make sure the files are there, but it can't do MD5 or CRC too easily on all of them before proceeding (though that would ensure they are 100% valid OEM or not)

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
3 members (rootman, Gizmo, Nightcrawler), 562 guests, and 186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29