Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A
A Offline
I can't seem to find where the option is to check if anonymous users can post or not...

Thanks!

David

Group Management ?

or permissions when creating a new forum smile

Last edited by Mark S; 07/24/2006 8:46 PM.

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
S
stranger
stranger
S Offline
The guest account is set for read only, but they are still able to post. This happens with both IE and Firefox/Netscape.

I also noticed that if I change the settings for guest to no access for designated forums, they do not grab for IE. The forums I set for no access still are listed and the guest is able to post. But in Firefox and Netscape, the forums that were changed to no access did disappear from the list, but the user is still able to post in the read only fourms that were still listed.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Can you post the url to your test forums along with a couple of the forums that are set to read only for guest so I can do a couple tests? Part of this sounds like a caching issue, when you say it doesn't grab for IE but does for firefox and netscape.

A
A Offline

I can see 29 when in forum view ?
unregistered

IE 6

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
A
A Offline
Mark,

That is correct smile But if you're registered and your login expires or you come back later, you end up posting as unregistered...

See this post....

http://www.aus-city.com/ubbthreads/...mber=29890&an=0&page=1#Post29890

This is what alerted us to the issue, no unregistered users should be able to post. Its the case as his login had expired, he should have NOT been able to post. Its a bug as in 6.5.5 never ever seen this issue.

Follow the links I gave you above to the PC forums, they are set as guest has no access.

I also had a PM from a moderator currently away on a holiday. He looged in at a internet cafe. After he logged off he could still get into even the private and moderator forums!

Seems there is some issue with cookies or sessions sticking and giving you access.

I am not concerned that people who should not are getting access (well in the case of a shared PC I am worried). Its also messy you have 'unregistered' users posting who really aren't frown

Cheers,

Dave

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline

A
A Offline
You got it!

Nice to see its fixed for next beta smile

I knew it was not a security issue of a complete unregistered user posting, but nice to know smile

Rick - While I got you're attention you were going to when you got time look at making islands option as java so we can display them on other domains outside your server.

Can I also ask (please) for the who is online to get the ICQ user status just like threads 6 - please?

Cheers,

David

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 744 guests, and 147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29