Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel

NETCRAFT
Four of the 10 most most reliable hosts run their web sites on Windows, two on Linux and three on FreeBSD.

In the July 2007 survey we received responses from 125,626,329 sites, an increase of 3.62 million sites from the June survey. Recent trends hold steady this month, with the Internet's strong growth continuing apace and Microsoft making additional inroads into Apache's leadership in web server market share. The web has grown by 20.4 million sites thus far this year, slightly behind the growth rate from 2006, when the survey added a record 30.9 million sites.

Microsoft adds 2.4 million sites this month, pushing the total number of sites running on Windows servers past 40 million, and helping Microsoft improve its market share by 1.01% to 32.8%. The open source Apache server has an increase of 556K, and slips back 1.11% to 52.65%. Google gains 592K sites this month, and now has 4.35% share.

In active sites, Apache is now at 49.98% share, less than 14.5% ahead of Microsoft. While that's still a considerable lead, Apache had a 33.4% advantage at this time last July, meaning Microsoft has cut its deficit in half in the past 12 months.
July 2007 Web Server Survey

I won't take the time to try to go find the post I made before but I told you that
Microsoft will increase their Web Server foothold in time.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
:pukes all over the forum:

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
s'ok giz-unit...

embrace the differences.. go with the flow..

be one with the... m$oft and it'll set you free..

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Theres two things you rarely see in the same paragraph... Micro$oft and "free" <snicker>

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Interesting... does it specify which version of windows server or lumps them all together? I didn't see it.

edit: I see further down the page it ranks hosts reliability - 1 is win2k and 3 are win 2003`

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Four of the 10 most most reliable hosts run their web sites on Windows, two on Linux and three on FreeBSD.

smile

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
For the record, I group Unix and Linux in the same family (which would combine FBSD and Linux), so my math would put that as 5/4 in favor of *nix... Wonder what the black sheep of 1 is running :x...

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Well with MS gaining at a rate of about 4.3 to 1 on nix each month, check back in a couple years and let's see what the numbers are. eek

A few years ago the MS offering was probably almost non existent for Public facing Web Servers. To me that is a rather fast improvement for a few years to be with the numbers they have now days.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 541 guests, and 181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29