Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
journeyman
journeyman
I'm beginning to wonder if I am under attack. Second total crash related to the database in two days. The other mySQL database in my account has also stopped again.

We encountered a problem. The reason reported was

Script: /data/4/0/138/114/301929/user/306957/htdocs/forum/libs/ubbthreads.inc.php
Line#: 2095
SQL Error: Got error 127 from storage engine
SQL Error #: 1030
Query: select USER_ID,CACHED_PERMISSION_DATA from ubbt_CACHED_PERMISSIONS where USER_ID = 4

Please use your back button to return to the previous page.

journeyman
journeyman
Here is the repair from the ubbt_cached_permisisons table:

ubbwireless.ubbt_CACHED_PERMISSIONS repair warning Duplicate key for record at 16180 against record a...
ubbwireless.ubbt_CACHED_PERMISSIONS repair warning Duplicate key for record at 55012 against record a...
ubbwireless.ubbt_CACHED_PERMISSIONS repair warning Duplicate key for record at 42068 against record a...
ubbwireless.ubbt_CACHED_PERMISSIONS repair warning Number of rows changed from 20 to 17
ubbwireless.ubbt_CACHED_PERMISSIONS repair status OK

journeyman
journeyman
The second database issued these warnings when the affected table was repaired:

shipdata.shipinfo repair warning Duplicate key for record at 1496 against record at...
shipdata.shipinfo repair warning Duplicate key for record at 1612 against record at...
shipdata.shipinfo repair warning Duplicate key for record at 1072 against record at...
shipdata.shipinfo repair warning Duplicate key for record at 976 against record at ...
shipdata.shipinfo repair warning Duplicate key for record at 796 against record at ...
shipdata.shipinfo repair warning Number of rows changed from 17 to 12
shipdata.shipinfo repair status OK

journeyman
journeyman
Here's what I'm thinking. This started about a week after I started using a database application that added data from two Internet sources. Two IP's send strings of data to a PHP application and the data is stored then displayed on a Google Map when a website user visits the page. Could the database be under to heavy a load with the BB and this second BB in use at the same time? There is also the WordPress blog.

journeyman
journeyman
My UBB appears to be back on the air after the table repair. I went less than 24 hors since the last one. My users and I have also seen occasional server errors and slow performance at Network Solutions in the last few days.

journeyman
journeyman
oops it was now I get this:

Script: /data/4/0/138/114/301929/user/306957/htdocs/forum/libs/ubbthreads.inc.php
Line#: 2179
SQL Error: Can't open file: 'ubbt_USERS.MYI' (errno: 145)
SQL Error #: 1016
Query: select t2.USER_TIME_OFFSET,t2.USER_TOPIC_VIEW_TYPE,t2.USER_TIME_FORMAT,t1.USER_DISPLAY_NAME,t1.USER_PASSWORD,t1.USER_SESSION_ID, t1.USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL, t2.USER_TOTAL_PM, t1.USER_ID, t1.USER_IS_BANNED,t1.USER_IS_UNDERAGE, t2.USER_STYLE,t2.USER_HIDE_LEFT_COLUMN,t2.USER_HIDE_RIGHT_COLUMN,t2.USER_LANGUAGE,t2.USER_MOOD,t2.USER_RELATIVE_TIME from ubbt_USERS AS t1, ubbt_USER_PROFILE as t2 where t1.USER_ID = 4 and t1.USER_ID = t2.USER_ID

journeyman
journeyman
Table Op Msg_type Msg_text
ubbwireless.ubbt_USERS repair status OK

This time the second smaller database did not have a corrupt table. Hmmm. I have my BB turn off at the moment.

If someone had it in for a user or me or some content he didn't like could he attack the BB in a way that would repeatedly;y shut it down? Naw, I'm paranoid. Perhaps the database is large enough to need maintenance? Yesterday I had 191,267 rows, 113.47 MB in one table and 58.78 MB in another.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Database/table corruption can be caused by a variety of things, including hardware problems, the mysql server crashing or being shut down unexpectedly, and various others.

Since it looks like you had multiple tables crashed this would commonly point to the mysql server unexpectedly being shutdown. Not sure what type of server you have or if you have access to information on how long the server and/or mysql has been running. If the server or mysql have only been running for a few hours (since about the time of the crashed tables) then that could be the case.

The CACHED_PERMISSIONS table is a fairly active table so that one is more apt to corrupt. The USERS table isn't as active, normally only changing when a new user is added, someone logs in, etc.

Any idea what version of mysql you are currently using?

journeyman
journeyman

Script:
Line#:
SQL Error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
Please verify that your MySQL server is running
SQL Error #: 2013
Query: Unable to connect to the database!

journeyman
journeyman
This last one happened when I tried to send a reply to a message and was still in the myPHP admin screen for the database. I exited the myPHP screen and the message went through.

journeyman
journeyman
Seems to me I can get that to display in a blog utility I have. I'll snoop around Rick.

journeyman
journeyman
The BLOG was also corrupted again. Same table as last time:

WordPress database error: [Can't open file: 'wp_useronline.MYI' (errno: 145)]
DELETE FROM wp_useronline WHERE userid = '1' OR (timestamp < 1187437098)

INSERT INTO wp_useronline VALUES ('1187437398', '1', 'popwireless', 'popwireless', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070725 Firefox/2.0.0.6', '69.250.109.114', 'PopularWireless.com', '%2Fblog1%2Fwp-admin%2Fadmin.php%3Fpage%3Ddbmanager%2Fdatabase-manager.php', 'member')

SELECT COUNT(*) FROM wp_useronline

journeyman
journeyman
Database Type MYSQL
Database Version v4.1.21

journeyman
journeyman
Server Status and Server Variables in the PHP admin screen are all error 404. No pages exist so these must be turned off. This ISP doesn't tell you what they do behind the scenes. I think that is in order to minimize their liability and to avoid spending a ton of bucks on customer questions. if I had to guess they are having server problems.

journeyman
journeyman
I found a WordPress plugin at Lester Chen's site http://lesterchan.net/portfolio/programming.php
that gives me tons of info on the server. There's no up time or time since last reboot however. That would be something to point to if I could get it.

journeyman
journeyman
Error
#2002 - The server is not responding (or the local MySQL server's socket is not correctly configured)

journeyman
journeyman
It has got be the ISP. I now have an open ticket and left the board turned off to avoid further damage.

Last edited by PopWireless; 08/18/2007 12:38 PM.
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Yeah, since it's multiple tables and even multiple databases, and the fact that a couple of the error messages were stating that the mysql server isn't even running, I'd say your host has some sort of issues going on.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
:ahem: domain registries should stick to what they do best, and stop trying to move in on the whole webhosting industry and spreading their resources thin :ahem:

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
journeyman
journeyman
When I got home late Saturday night the problem was fixed and it appeared they even repaired the tables. As is normal for them, they send no email describing what happened or what they found. No phone calls that I know of either. Just silence. But thanks guys, you pointed me in the right direction in MINUTES. UltimateBB rocks!

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Glad to hear that they at least got it fixed for you.

Psst, we have a Customer Feedback board now wink

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 541 guests, and 181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29