Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#196553 09/07/2007 4:12 PM
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
We've just started a topic to track the changelog for what's coming up in 7.3. Feel free to use this topic for any discussion concerning any of the notes.

Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Lets read what's coming up first smile

edit: Looking good so far! smile

edit2: Since this is a discussion topic, let's discuss smile

7.3 Change: The entire UBB Code parsing engine has been rewritten to be much more flexible.

I hope this flexability will be also be put towards settings of where which ubb code is allowed. (ie, I don't want spoilers, smileys, videotags (if they are coming), images in signatures, but I might want to add color to the shoutbox).

7.3 Feature: It is now possible to limit the number of images that can be contained in a single post.

Will this be including smileys like in classic?

7.3 Feature: New option to hide post counts from being viewable.

All together or just with the posts? I can see where you want them available in the profile if you really want to look, but have them away from the generic forum pages.

Last edited by blaaskaak; 09/07/2007 4:27 PM. Reason: questions added

[Linked Image from siemons.org]
I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I Offline
While I still don't have the UI enabled for disabling certain codes, you can modify the method do_markup() in /libs/html.inc.php and add
PHP Code
$this->bbcode_parser->disallow_tag("spoiler"); 

The postcount is a global setting.

As for limiting graemlins, this would only be practical for users using php 5.1, otherwise we'd need to slow down the parser by parsing each graemlin separately.

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I Offline
For those who wonder what improvements were made to the spider friendly urls, the new format for linking to postlist is http://www.ianspence.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/forums/2/1/Services_and_Suggestions.html (forum 2, page 1)

http://www.ianspence.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/users/2/Ian_Spence.html (userid 2, name Ian Spence)

http://www.ianspence.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/177764/Report_Bugs.html#Post177764 (post id 177764, subject = "Report Bugs")

old hand
old hand
7.3 Feature: The admin can select a 'category only' mode, which tells cfrm to display only categories as the starting point. this is very useful for boards with tons of forums

Cool. Will this be an all or nothing option? Meaning, can you decide if some forums are displayed?

Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Originally Posted by Ian Spence
As for limiting graemlins, this would only be practical for users using php 5.1, otherwise we'd need to slow down the parser by parsing each graemlin separately.

Well, I don't want to limit the greamlins. It was just that in the classic days where we had an image limit, it was also counting the greamlins as images.

While I still don't have the UI enabled for disabling certain codes, you can modify the method do_markup()

I want to specificly say in which section certain ubb codes are not allowed.

We have a strict non image signature for instance, so we dissalow also greamlins there. Currently I have to alter the code for this.

A GUI would be perfect for this, a table with all the possible ubb codes, and marks where you want to allow them. It would be even more perfect if the text editor would also remove any non allowed ubbcodes from the menu (ie, I now have to hack out the font name and size stuff because I don't want them anyway).

Last edited by blaaskaak; 09/07/2007 7:40 PM.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Yeh, I don't like Gramelin limits, BUT I love the image limit (as some users will just post image after image..)

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Originally Posted by Mitch P.
7.3 Feature: The admin can select a 'category only' mode, which tells cfrm to display only categories as the starting point. this is very useful for boards with tons of forums

Cool. Will this be an all or nothing option? Meaning, can you decide if some forums are displayed?

as it stands now, it's either all categories or what you are currently accustomed to with 7.2x

I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
A limit to the number of Graemlins would be great smile

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Awwe Ian, you don't like it when people do this:
smile smile wink smile smile smile tongue smile smile wink smile smile smile tongue
smile smile wink smile smile smile tongue smile smile wink smile smile smile tongue

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Odd, my last tongue didn't show...

Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Odd, my last tongue didn't show...

quick, go file a bug report smile

I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline

Yes wink ............

I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
interesting that on a quote another one is lost smile

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
HEH! I fear to inquire how many would dissapear when i do this...

Originally Posted by Ian

Yes wink ............

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
:gasp: where will the mystery of the missing smilies go next!!!

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I Offline
It's not a mystery, you guys are spamming so many smilies that you've run into the limit for a text field in mysql

I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
eh - don't blame me! wink

I've just seen the 7.3 change log

WOW - Alot of our requests made it.
Up to now it looks great, shame our members wont even appreciate the work that's listed there behind the scenes.

Well Done So Far and I the extras from SD smile

I cant wait smile smile

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Originally Posted by Mark S
shame our members wont even appreciate the work that's listed there behind the scenes.

Yeah, I can't help but feel the same - but if they buy licences, it's a good show laugh for all of us.

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
There is also more to come, but additionally keep in mind when reading all the changes Ian Spence made.

That is only the equivalent of the tip of the iceberg, with respect to what was actually accomplished. I'm lucky enough to have gotten my grubby mitts on it and am impressed.

When you get a chance to look @ the code, you'll realize that the 'iceberg' is deep and wide and solid.

Matter of fact, when you see a '1 liner' in the changelog and the description looks simple in nature, you might be surprised that it was one of the more difficult things to add to the new core.

I will have to de-hack to be safe lol

your all unsung heroes smile

So a little well done now and then never hurt anyone smile smile

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
It's not a mystery, you guys are spamming so many smilies that you've run into the limit for a text field in mysql
And that's just an accomplishment :x...

Seriously, didn't think it got to be THAT long :x...

T
T Offline
Hello folks,

is there any chance that an admin changeable edit time on a per forum basis will be implemented? We need this on http://forum.astronomie.de for our "I want to sell" and "I want to buy" boards.

I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Best bet is to suggest it in the suggestions / feedback forum - it might get missed here smile

FWIW - I agree smile

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
If only i was a mod of this forum...

would you delete all them smilies wink

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
it sure would almost be nice to start the thread over again sans spam...

Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
7.3 Change: When an admin clicks on Edit User, they are given 3 more bottom tab options of: Viewing User's Profile, PM the User and Viewing User's Posts.

Whoohoo, one less hack to implement smile

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
hehe wink

Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
7.3 Feature: Added a Control Panel option so Admins can designate to show both the Custom Title & Poost Based Title, or only the Custom one.

Again one less hack smile

In case of option #2 (only custom title display) does it show the post based title if the custom title is empty? That's the behavior I am looking for.

L
journeyman
journeyman
L Offline
Originally Posted by blaaskaak
7.3 Feature: Added a Control Panel option so Admins can designate to show both the Custom Title & Poost Based Title, or only the Custom one.

Again one less hack smile

In case of option #2 (only custom title display) does it show the post based title if the custom title is empty? That's the behavior I am looking for.

Same here.

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
nope

you get blank then.. as the code is right now.

Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Originally Posted by Sirdude
you get blank then.. as the code is right now.

I'd like to add it as suggestion then. I like the automaticly updated post count based title until a custom title is set.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Actually yes, if the Custom Title is blank then it will show the post based title.

Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Originally Posted by Rick
Actually yes, if the Custom Title is blank then it will show the post based title.

Great! Please ignore my previous post in this topic!

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
oops, mr [Linked Image] is correct. i looked at the if with the && and forgot what an && really means

blush

/me hides

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
[Linked Image]
I saw this icon the other day on an open source program's support community... immediately thought of Sir Rickypooh...

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by Rickypooh
7.3 Feature: Added a config option to designate how many Usernames are displayed in the Who's Online portal box. Setting this to 0 will make it display all Usernames.
mmm, that'll go well with a template hack I've been thinking about doing hehe

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M Offline
Can we add an option to a members profile to "View all pictures posted by this member" so you can have a look at a users particular set of pictures rather than having to sift through them all.

Join Europes biggest BMW M Car owners site
M-Torque - www.mtorque.co.uk
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
This is definitely something that will be coming. I'm not sure if it will make it into 7.3, just depends on how long the group permission rewrite takes. If it doesn't, it will definitely be in 7.4.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Sounds good, a really good suggestion

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
So we'll have a "show all threads this user has started" option which specifically caters to gallery forums? <sniker>

I
enthusiast
enthusiast
I Offline
It'll probably just be an extension to the blog thing Rick wanted to add. Kinda like a gallery of just what a single user has posted.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
would be nice if it didn't require login wink

7.3 Change: The Top Posters Island has been rewritten to include username color codes

Is this the same Naff Static Top Posters list OR
the one we all love that shows the Top Posters in the last X days?

Sorry i just love the dynamic X Day Top Poster List.

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
Humm No Mention that i can see yet of the Mini Calendar
using UK dd/mm/yy as an option.

A Huge list of changes coming that are amazing smile
Keep up the good work.

p.s this black and gold skin should be default.
IMO More peeps would get the WOW look at threads feeling smile

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
umm, its the one we have here in the left sidebar?

Gutted frown

(+15) That's a Shame.

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline

Agreed - we need everything in dd//mm/yy smile

Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Originally Posted by Ian

except internal in the database smile

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Because both the US MM/DD/YY and UK DD/MM/YY do not sort properly on a computer.

Only the YY/MM/DD sorts properly. Windows XP attempts to do some guessing on that sorting for you, but if you really want sorting properly then you have to use YY/MM/DD as that will always sort correctly.

But I doubt that will really happen any time soon. tongue

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
The DB storage is Unix Epoch which isn't us nor european

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Yes I know, but I assumed they're talking about what is posted to the forum which is in normal date layout.

Tons of pre-written scripts to convert back and forth from or to just about any format you choose freely available on the Web.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I was referencing yarp up there with:
Originally Posted by blaaskaak
except internal in the database smile

D
journeyman
journeyman
D Offline
p.s this black and gold skin should be default.
IMO More peeps would get the WOW look at threads feeling smile

Ick no. It doesn't work properly in Safari, either.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
It's experimental at best; I enjoy the colors of it myself, but find the new topic notifications lack the luster the theme deserves (and are hard to distinguish) so I changed back to ubbcentral

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M Offline
So we'll have a "show all threads this user has started" option which specifically caters to gallery forums? <sniker>

Cheeky young scamp! smile

It would be nice to have forums that are allocated to people for galleries.. ie to replace PhotoPost etc

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M Offline
Can we also have the "ALL" option back to view ALL posts in a thread rather than having to go through pages.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
"All" does exist, it simply "dissapears" after X many posts as to not cause a high load when trying to view "all" on huge threads...

Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
It is there, it's just removed when a topic has >200 replies.

I would like it have it back on the bottom the page with the pagenumers. It's only available now on the postlist of a specific forum. Not handy if you read through active topics/posts.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M Offline
Originally Posted by Ian

When I upgraded the site it set everyone to US date and when I changed it on the site, it ignored it. Upsets Brits yanky dates do smile

My reference to this was for the Mini Calendar and the Reminders you can set. I have a HACK in place to show it as the UK posse want but it doesn't behave as expected.

Well we say UK Date layout, how about we call it Europe's Date Layout. Now we just got a whole lot bigger wink

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M Offline
Can we also change active text to open links in a new window rather than existing, or have the option at least?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Active text replaces text, so format the link you insert into the active text to use target="_blank"

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Yeah I don't agree with it myself but the "standard" is to open in the same window and many sites complain if you don't but I dislike links opening in same window when they go to another site.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M Offline
Thanks Giz

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M Offline
Whats the likelyhood of adding user templates. So a user object that you can configure all new users to be based on.

M
Addict
Addict
M Offline
Can we make URL's in Shout Box clickable ?? laugh

Happy Customer !!!
Nice new change log smile

Ricks added some more wink

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
It's coming along. Working on the Groups and Permission overhaul now, which will take a while since it's a pretty big change, but I'll get some things posted about it hopefully in the next week or two.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
<snicker> all this to stop my whining... Gotta love Rick :x...

G
veteran
veteran
G Offline
Rick, was it like the good angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other, except it was Gizzy on both shoulders :X

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
<snicker> all this to stop my whining... Gotta love Rick :x...

so he is only doing this, because you are / were whining? whoa..

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by gliderdad
Rick, was it like the good angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other, except it was Gizzy on both shoulders :X
and both of me was saying "do eet, dooo eeeeet!"

so he is only doing this, because you are / were whining? whoa..
search this forum for every occourance of me saying "global moderators" and build your own conclusion! muahahaha! lol...

Not to mention, most other forum solutions have "Mega Moderators" (or "Super Moderators" or "Global Moderators")

Gizmo is your Youtube stuff in 7.3 ?

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
Are we going 7.2.3 or 7.3 ?

I ask as there is a fair few minor bugs to iron out.
Observations not criticisms wink

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Gizmo is your Youtube stuff in 7.3 ?
Honestly, I'm not sure; Rick said that so long as the current implimentation works with 7.3 out of the box then theres a good possibility... Though i haven't been able to test it...

you can check out 7.3 alpha on my test site, where I'll be testing my tags sometime within the next couple of days.

I'm holding off porting over all of my styles until 7.3 beta; you know, to ensure I don't have to update a ton of styles a bunch of times wink...

IMO its a must.
My forums thrive of it and it brings so much fun.

waiting for my password to arrive forgot it you see.
will check in the morning. zzz

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Well, I have the addon ported up to 7.3 now, I just need to figure out this issue with the markup panel (it's creating the popup at 0,0 vs just under the icon) then it'll be completed.

Journeyman
Journeyman
I'd like to see a category option under the category section that instead of having all of them collapsed you can choose which ones are collapsed or open individually.

Since there is an option to show all as collapsed, perhaps a pull down in the category settings that can be changed to open if you want certain ones unfolded instead of all collapsed or all open.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
If I was a moderator of this forum I'd move that request to the sugguestions forum lol

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Well, I have the addon ported up to 7.3 now, I just need to figure out this issue with the markup panel (it's creating the popup at 0,0 vs just under the icon) then it'll be completed.
Ian helped me figure out the issue I was having; so it's all ported up to 7.3; so time to wait to see what Rick decides on inclusion (or for pub beta to start so i can post the addon at ubbdev)

J
enthusiast
enthusiast
J Offline
PayPal implementation?

--
Website Development and Management
www.jcswebdev.com
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
7.3 wink

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M Offline
Membership based forums would be good where you can set a member with an expiry date and they can access forums until they expire

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M Offline
Actually, where I said that ALL vanished, it does vanish on threads under 200 posts. It vanishes from the bottom of the page. You can select ALL from the forum index, but not from within the thread itself like you used to.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M Offline
Any chance you can add the multiple identity checking mod in? really useful for catching people out.

I am holding out hope for a personal blog feature but I don't think its on the schedule for 7.3 frown

Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Originally Posted by MattUK
but not from within the thread itself like you used to.

It used to be like that in 6.5.x, but not yet in threads >=7. I'd love to see that back b.t.w. smile

old hand
old hand
Is paypal coming to this?

http://clubadventist.com/forums

No longer following the carrot
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Membership based forums would be good where you can set a member with an expiry date and they can access forums until they expire
I believe this fits in with the payment system, which at least a basic implementation is slated for 7.3.

Originally Posted by Flyin V
I am holding out hope for a personal blog feature but I don't think its on the schedule for 7.3 frown
Not sure where we're standing on this in regards to 7.3; the permission schema is working Rick pretty well wink

G
veteran
veteran
G Offline
Can Use the Shoutbox

Does this mean, no one can see the shoutbox unless they are part of the proper group? If not, it would be a nice addition.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
well, unless they're in a group who has the permission flag set wink

G
veteran
veteran
G Offline
Wasn't sure if it only limited them to posting and still being able to view wink

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M Offline
Can we amend the gallery posting screen to display the max file size that has been set for uploads so that people are aware. At the moment if you try and upload a picture that is too large it just fails and gives the user no feedback

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M Offline
How about adding a counter that is only visible to admins (or definable) onto a user that increases each time you have to move one of their posts, so that you can see how often you move a users post (and therefore can punish / humiliate accordingly).

D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
At the moment if you try and upload a picture that is too large it just fails and gives the user no feedback

Good point, or at least some form of warning at the point of uploading...?

G
veteran
veteran
G Offline
I agree, took me a few to figure out what was goin on, lol

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M Offline
Would you be kind enough in 7.3 to allow us to edit the moved thread stubs.. it seems you cannot edit those once you have placed them.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M Offline
I'm fairly sure in 6.5.x we could set an expiry for posts in a forum that would get automatically deleted after that time passed.. seems to have gone.

Also, I'm sure you could have a permission to allow people to post but not reply?

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
These would probably be better suited for the suggestions forum. It's doubtful we'll be adding too much more to 7.3 beyond the Group Permission rewrite and subscription stuff since those are both pretty big projects and we don't want there to be too big of a wait for 7.3 to be released.

All permissions above have now been put into place along with a couple new ones. Editors to change the forum, site and control panel permissions have also been finished.

A couple more editors to complete and the Group Permission rewrite will be complete.
Makes it sound so easy lol...

Well done < Happy >

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
7.3 Feature: Added the ability for users to be automatically added to a certain group once they reach a certain number of posts.

smile smile i like that one

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Yes, I love the idea! I could VIP people for a REASON now :x...

M
M Offline
Yes, I love the idea! I could VIP people for a REASON now :x...
I made a suggestion a while ago to have an option so that the User Title is based on time of registration, instead of post count.

Am I the only person who thinks you shouldn't value post count that highly? I would much rather acknowledge Quality over Quantity, but unfortunately there's no easy way to measure a user's Signal-to-Noise ratio.

Hence, I would prefer if titles were just based on how long someone's been around for. This way, even if a newbie to your forums goes crazy for a month with posting, he's still a newbie by title.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
By VIP I mean I have a VIP forum, where content providers would have access; VIP users on my forum have no added abilities.

I would find 0 value in allowing "long term" people access over those who've actually posted... I have several people who came by years ago, posted a couple of times, and left; and sometimes come back... I would never think of making them vip users on my forum...

you can tagg forums not to add to a post count wink

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
When he had a usergroup change based on postcount, we did it with some homemade approval queue. We'd check their posts behavior and see if they were ok to stay or not.

It was for 6.5.5, but was basicly a list with everyone in the old group that fit the requirements (in our case, plus 100 posts), with links to view their post and profile.

Like the thinking behind that smile

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
Nice e-mail Changes SD smile

Fingers crossed Rick has a Hoooooge List to post lol

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Nice e-mail Changes SD smile

Nice isn't actually a good description on how cool the changes actually are smile

I'm a very happy camper seeing what's becoming of 7.3.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Really the only thing left besides minor tweaks is probably the paypal stuff. With everything else that's been done, there are a lot of changes in this version so just trying to get this done so we can get to private beta testing.

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
i have a coupla things left to see if they get in, but with Ricks stuff this is gonna be a lullapaloooza of a feature set add.. hehe

I'm so excited i could jump off a dolls house lol
and i will go as far as crushing a grape with expectations.

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
Really the only thing left besides minor tweaks is probably the paypal stuff.

But I reckon the "paypal stuff" is a fairly major part of it, eh?

I think that this (paypal integration) could be quite a breakthrough in terms of a new customer base.

I'm certainly looking forward to it.

As you say for a larger customer base wink
Not quite sure if it has a place on my forums but we will see.

There all skint and cry poverty frown
And foolishly assume i'm minted. lol

(Minted = loads of money lol )

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
As you say for a larger customer base wink
Not quite sure if it has a place on my forums but we will see.

There all skint and cry poverty frown
And foolishly assume i'm minted. lol

(Minted = loads of money lol )

Mark, couldn't agree more - a lot of my users are IT contractors like myself, so the general concensus is that we're rolling in it. They just dont realise that someone (ie me) pays for the licenses, hosting fees and domain renewals and it all comes out of my bottom line.

I think the Paypal integration is a good step, even if its made voluntary.

Still think personal blog integration is a good idea - maybe 7.4?

Last edited by Crasher; 10/29/2007 10:33 AM. Reason: poor spelling :)
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Blogs were on the list for 7.3, but since it's taken longer than expected with all of the changes we had to bump it back. So, it's definitely going to be in the release after along with some other pretty substantial changes that we have planned wink

D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D Offline
I'm giddy with anticipation wink laugh blush

veteran
veteran
I hope one of you nice folks are going to do one of those "What's New" lists again that we can post for your users. laugh

I looked at starting one, the other day, but when i checked the change log it only showed a few things for Members.

But awaiting Ricks List, from what SD has hinted at.

So hoping that there is more to come for the "Members too"
i do understand that its a massive over haul at the back end.
But we cant forget that members need changes too to stay interested.

Of course this is with out the final speck from Rick wink

Good to hear the word BLOG mentioned again wink

Rick does that mean Blogs are in 7.3 or later, your post
reads confusing? (Dont edit it either to make me look dumb)

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
no blogs for 7.3

Thanks for Translating wink

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
I saw Rick's post about colorizing Users.
Will it be possible to override the color currently assigned to Admin and Moderators in the "Who's online" screen?
While talking color, what the chances of having moderators in color under Forum Description so it stands out???

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Pretty sure you can already override the Admin/Mod colors in CP (not 100% sure but I think you can)

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Originally Posted by LarE
Will it be possible to override the color currently assigned to Admin and Moderators in the "Who's online" screen?

You can do that now, but just filling in a color in the profile. that overrides the css based colors in the style.

7.3 who's online does name colors too. not sure about 7.2.2

Originally Posted by LarE
While talking color, what the chances of having moderators in color under Forum Description so it stands out???

would be simple to do, but there are a number of other places where moderators and admins names appear where a colorizing isn't applied.

dunno really.. for me, it's a coin toss as to whether i'd want it or not.. maybe to others (like you) it's a genuine desire wink

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ntdoc
Pretty sure you can already override the Admin/Mod colors in CP (not 100% sure but I think you can)
Yes you can. It's in Styles / Edit / Misc. Properties / .adminname .modname

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
FYI, I'm pretty sure a "user color" set in the member management screen overrides the "status color" defined in the stylesheet.

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
i'm 100% sure wink

the algorithm is essentially

user_color > admin|mod_color > no_color ;

Thanks everyone.
I did look around but I keep forgetting about the stylesheet settings.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C Offline
Saw mention of some features that were hoped for in 7.3 but had to be pushed back, which left me wondering....is there a rough intended features list for future implementation with some kind of mapping as to potential versions of the app it might make it into?

I'm guessing that's probably something more for a broader dev team where you can have multiple groups working towards that...but from a flip side, it would still be nice to see a list of things that from the development standpoint have been identified as going to come in, just not sure where. Maybe it's here and I've just not found it yet.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Rick so elegantly puts the future features as "look at the features and suggestions forum, theres the goal"

Originally Posted by rick
7.3 Feature: Added the capability to email the entire topic to oneself.
Well i just hope my member "oneself" doesn't get miffed with all the e-mails lol.

7.3 Feature: New option on Active Topics to show Topics that do not have any replies yet.
yep i like this one.

7.3 Feature: The admin can select a 'category only' mode, which tells cfrm to display only categories as the starting point. this is very useful for boards with tons of forums.
yep sounds good.

7.3 Change: You can now set your notifications to only notify you when a new topic is created, instead of for every post.
like very much wink

7.3 Feature: Addition by SirDude. Emails will now send out both an HTML and plaintext copy. HTML emails can be styled with the addition of new classes.
yehhhhhh

7.3 Change: Went through all watch lists and cleaned up the UI, cleaned up templates and fixed bugs.
yeeeeehhhhhh

7.3 Feature: Added a Custom tag editor that allows admins to add new tags for their board: Tags can be video tags like youtube, google video, yahoo video
you made it gizmo, one of the best addons for forum entertainment.

7.3 Bugfixes of 7.1 - 7.2.2 Many many buglets got squashed.
lol....

Good work chaps smile

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
7.3 Feature: Added a Custom tag editor that allows admins to add new tags for their board: Tags can be video tags like youtube, google video, yahoo video
you made it gizmo, one of the best addons for forum entertainment.
Still haven't worked out the bbcode for its like 4th rendition for 7.3 lol... Planning to do that all tomorrow... the import file is all it is so it can be pushed back a smideon wink...

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
<snicker> Rick hasn't mentioned the FAQ updates (new, update data; and a more streamlined 'view') yet wink...

A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
Can members pay with VISA/Mastercard and other credit cards with the Subscription Groups feature without having to use PayPal?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Not at this point. One thing to keep in mind is that you can just use paypal as your payment gateway; users do not have to have a paypal account to pay

A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
Not at this point. One thing to keep in mind is that you can just use paypal as your payment gateway; users do not have to have a paypal account to pay

Ok, sounds pretty good. But will it be added later? smile

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I'd immagine that Rick would enhance it at a later time, making for several other payment gateways (I myself rather hope for authorize.net, but have several others that i could recommend to Rick when that time comes)

A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
Alrighty.

I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Paypal allows people to pay via visa/ mastercard etc.

Hopefully other payment gateways will come - but paypal is a start and it can be built upon from that.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
So you just need to enter your credit card information and it processes via PayPal?

I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
indeed smile

works fine, even if the user does not have a paypal account

A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
Originally Posted by Ian
indeed smile

works fine, even if the user does not have a paypal account

Great. smile But will some small percentage of the money go to PayPal as it does if you have a PayPal account, or will it not?

I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Yes - like any payment processor they will take a cut - this is no different from any other company.

I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
You will of course need your own paypal account to be able to link it to threads smile

A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
Originally Posted by Ian
You will of course need your own paypal account to be able to link it to threads smile

Just the owner of the forum I suppose and not the users?

I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Yes - only you need an account - many of your users probably have an account and this would allow them to pay you from any balance that they have, and store credit card details etc. But it is not essential.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
Originally Posted by Ian
Yes - only you need an account - many of your users probably have an account and this would allow them to pay you from any balance that they have, and store credit card details etc. But it is not essential.

Ok. smile

I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
No worries - hope the above info helped smile

Full guidance will be given once 7.3 is out.

A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
Originally Posted by Ian
No worries - hope the above info helped smile

Full guidance will be given once 7.3 is out.

Sure it did. Thanks! smile

Is there any 7.3 feature not made known in the announcement post? wink

I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
I am sure there maybe a few minor items not in the changelist - but the majority is there. smile

Of course what is minor to one person is big to another smile

I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Incidentally we are not allowed under our agreement with Groupee to discuss anything relating to any beta version - so all we can say is what is published in the changelog.

I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Having said that once the beta is released to the beta group, you can be sure to see a few beta's publicly in the field - which will allow you to see some of the new features in the wild.

Not long to wait now smile

A
journeyman
journeyman
A Offline
Ok. ^^

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
BTW, I believe you'll need a "Primere" or "Business" account at PayPal to be able to use the IPN; there isn't a cost, but basically signifies you'll be using it for, well, business needs.

I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
I am not sure this is correct - I used my account just fine with a similar system before I changed it to a business account.

Only time will tell - but I do not think this is required.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
the only reason I upgraded my account to a Premier account was due to needing to use the IPN; which was a requirement at the time... not to mention, i had to receive payments of more than $200 which I believe was also a stipulation of the "personal" account.

I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
might be different for UK based accounts then - not 100% sure, but then I never had payments in over $200/£100 smile

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
You've never received more than $200/mo? I think that's the limit of a personal account... I'll go look it up later.

I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
per month?? assumed you meant per transaction.

I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
And no, I haven't - I get around £5 per 6 months if I am lucky frown

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Nope, meant per month... As people who aren't running a business don't need to be receiving more than $200/mo according to them wink...

And I've received transactions of $1200 before; when I was doing server maintenance I got one fail insert per month lol

I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
argh - we aren't talking about the forum then wink If people pay me on my business they send me payment via other methods - I do not trust Paypal for true business activities.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Well, the IPN will be a requirment, which will require a premier/business account. As would be required if you have a lot of subscribers wink...

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
Paypal works fine for transactions large and small.. i use it for business (side business) all the time smile

I treat the account as my 'play money' one.. Kinda neat wink

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
We're not talking about how it works large vs small; we're talking how it works vs different account types with limits...

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Heres a fun one, from the PayPal FAQ Entry "Which PayPal account type is right for me?":
Personal accounts limit the number of credit or debit card funded payments received [qb]per year[/qb]. Credit or debit card funded payments are assessed a transaction fee.

The fees for a personal account are quite differant... From the "Fees" FAQ entry:
Personal Accounts
4.9% + $0.30 USD (limit of 5 transactions per 12 month period)** for domestic or U.S. transactions

2% + applicable Fees Fees for cross border payments

4.9% plus $0.30 USD for card payments received using PayPal on Skype

Premier/Business Accounts
1.9% to 2.9% + $0.30 USD

I wonder if they still require using their IPN or if they've opened things up a bit more since the last time I tried using their systems for website payments (outside of the paypal payment buttons)

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
premium all the way.. no brainer

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
premium all the way.. no brainer
exactly, my arguement is that "personal" accounts are the suck wink

I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Thanks for the info Gizmo - hadn't looked into the differences to be fair.

smile

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Nightcrawler, Ruben), 694 guests, and 214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29