Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
D Offline
IS there a way to change the "options" that a user group has. I want a "temporarily suspended" group, for members who misbehave, that will not allow them to have :
Signatures
and they can't post to any forums, except for those that I allow.

After the suspensions period, i'd move them back to the group that allows all of this?

Or is there a setting within "each" members profile where I can turn off privileges (no avatar, no signature, etc)?

Edit:
UBB Threads Version 7.0

Last edited by DGirl; 01/17/2008 6:05 PM.
I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
You can restrict users now within a group for the forums that they can post in, although in 7.3 you will be able to restrict a group to much tighter controls.

At the moment you are restricted pretty much to limiting which forums the group can & can't see & which they can post in.

7.3 will expand group permissions a great deal.

It is also worth mentioning that you will benefit from upgrading to 7.2.2 as several bugs have been fixed since 7.0 and several new features introduced.

D
D Offline
We have no plans on upgrading this forum software, and are looking toward a different forum software.

Unfortunately, UBB is behind the times, even with the "new" features being developed for future versions; where other software have had these "features" for a long time now.

And this "problem" is one of the many reasons we are abandoning UBB.

Thanks.

C
journeyman
journeyman
C Offline
Name 3!

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
7.0 was a MAJOR rewrite of the base code, combining 2 products and fixing all issues that plagued them both; not all features made the initial cut due to time constraints but will make it back in the base code (as you can see we've added a lot more features in every major revision); I encourage you to stay on board...

If you've set your mind on leaving, there are several users who can give you advice on items you can do with you ubb license when it's no longer in use.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Yeah, I'll buy it!

I just converted to gold on one board and will be purchasing another license for a 2nd board (running phpBB3).

Since taking over the responsibilities of a medium/large board that was running UBB.C 6.7.0 and having to admin it and a phpBB3 system, UBB wins hands down.

Sure phpBB has some (a lot actually) features, however they are not user (admin) friendly, for that reason UBB is the winner for me.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
<snicker> I've recieved over 5 licenses at one point, always looking to expand my collection; but that's aside the point lol...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Nightcrawler, Ruben), 694 guests, and 214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29