Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
I want to upgrade my very old version of ubbthreads to the most recent version (by the way, where can we download beta versions?)

I managed to update to

Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.2

That was laborious, doing about 10 altertables one by one, but it worked all right.

Now I am stuck. Is there anything else I need to upgrade before the big step?

I downloaded and installed the threads 7.2.2 software in a new directory and tried to set things up from the scrap.

Thanks to administration for seemlessly recognizing and honoring my age-old lifetime license and give me immediate access to the new software, after years of absence.

Seems I need to use threads_import/threads_import.php which I installed in a subdirectory of that new software install.

(I also tried to install it in the old 6.5.2 software directory, there I got some different error messages, seems that is not the right place)

My main concern are the altertables, so I get my database to work.

First I tried to use the 7.2.2 installer/updater, I managed to enter database information but then I aborted, fearful that it might corrupt my database (when it suggested to create tables I suspected that it really is a installer and not an upgrader)

Here is what I get:
calling the subdirectory /threads_import/threads_import.php
I get a page where to insert data base information.
UBB.threads™ import from UBB.threads™ 6.5.x
Please provide the following information to your 6.5 version of UBB.threads
UBB.threads™ 6.5 Database Server:
UBB.threads™ 6.5 Database Name:
UBB.threads™ 6.5 Database Username:
UBB.threads™ 6.5 Database Password:
UBB.threads™ 6.5 Database Prefix: w3t_

Warning: not_right_bare(languages/english/generic.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/www/users/a9/chat/pinwandchat/libs/ubbthreads.inc.php on line 892

Warning: not_right_bare(): Failed opening 'languages/english/generic.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/www/users/a9/chat/pinwandchat/libs/ubbthreads.inc.php on line 892

Please advise!!! what is the reason for the error, what are the exact steps I need to take.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Well, first you need to install ubb.t7; then you use the importer; there should be a guide in the General Help section.

As for beta releases; these are sent only to the Private Beta team; public beta's are thrown mysteriously into the members area during the public beta period and are removed once the final release of that version is in place.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
thanks, I managed to upgrade now

I was worried when the menu showed "creating tables". I was worried it would needlessly re-create tables and potentially destroy them.

It would be good if the script were more detailed and expressive to dispel such fears

thanks for the advice

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 522 guests, and 99 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29