Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
stranger
stranger
I'm new to this software and after 1 successful trial install I am unable to get it to install on anything else. I get as far as step 8 in the install.php document, all it says is a generic "cant write to config". I've entered a problem ticket and the response back is check your permissions. Can someone give me some direction with what this error is referring to, to what file/directory may be problamatic? crazy

Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
That would be /includes/config.inc.php

Be sure to set the permissions of that directory to 777 (using chmod).

[Linked Image from siemons.org]
stranger
stranger
ya, this is on w2k3/iis6/php5/mysql5. Permissions I'm setting explicit to the IUSR account per your document. For example includes directoy is set to full permissions but each file in includes directory is set to read and write only, per the install document. I continue to get the Failed to write config error.
Do you have an IIS setup you can grab a screenshot of the includes permissions and send out?

stranger
stranger
As a quick check to determin if permissions or something else going on I made the following changes and still cannot get past this same point of contention:

I put IUSR id in the local administrator group, removed it from gener users and guest groups.
I used the mysql root ID and password for the DB connection.
I ran through the install.php again, everything passed green, but at step 8 it stops with a "failed to write config" error.
I opened the config.php file and can see where it updated with the db ID info, so I assume permissions are set, since it did update the file.
I think there is something else stopping the script from running, but I believe MYSQL is setup correctly, and I believe PHP is set up, since your script does run under it, and it does connect to the mysql db.
so, any thoughts, suggestions, comments? Has anyone gotten this to work with w2k3(sp2)/PHP5/MYSQL5/UBB7.2.2 ?? confused

Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
I don't have an IIS setup, but I would try setting full permissions to each file in the includes directory.

ntdoc has extensive experience in this field, I am sure he can help yuu further.

[Linked Image from siemons.org]
stranger
stranger
Thanks. I had a reply from the trouble-ticket opened and after some postings it turns out removing some lines from the install.php file finished it all up.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 744 guests, and 147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29