Hop To
#209110 03/24/2008 10:22 PM
V
stranger
stranger
V Offline
hi to everybody
I'm using UBB for a years and I like it very very much
now I'm running a website using Social Media V2 ( http://www.entertainmentscripts.com/social_features.php )
I'll love to have a forum on my site and I'll love to have UBB
OK
here is my request :
can I integrate it to the script ?
I mean to have my customers log in to my site and in the same time they are logged it to the forums with the same password and log in name ?
it already exist but for SMF :
http://www.esusers.com/estore/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=14

and espetially I'll love to have that :
" All login and registration information from Social Media is propagated into the forum. Users register once and login once "

can anybody help me with my issue or should I go with vBulletin ( they are working on integration - http://www.esusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=65 ) .......... however I don't like vBulletin I should go with them if not other solution

thank you

PS I requested UBB integration but I don't thing will happens soon - http://www.esusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=66

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
If it's been done once it should be possible to do it again - just glancing at their forums they've been promising vb and phpbb support since june. It looks like it is due for release 2.1. Any integration for threads would probably need to wait until then because the table/data structure for SM may be changing to accomodate this.

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
V
stranger
stranger
V Offline
but the mod with SMF is dun by external company :
http://www.esusers.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6

but I think they will not bother to do this with UBB ,they are working on vB integration... so anyway I'll be forced to use vB frown
and nobody here can do the integration ?

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
There are probably several who could do it, I'm not sure who has the time tho. I find it odd someone is building a vb integration when it will be in the base code next release.

hmmm.... the smf integration is $100 by itself, I'd imagine the vb integration would be more than that. Interesting smile

- Allen
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
hmmm... $200 for the script with 6 months of member area access - and they say ubb is expensive?

Really though, it's worth it I guess if that's your site's focus.

- Allen
V
stranger
stranger
V Offline
I like the futures of SM and is very stable , hacker safe and works just fine
about $100 for SMF integration , if you can make UUB integration into my site I'll pay you $100
I'm not asking it for free
however
I really like UBB but if I can't use it I'll wait/purchase vB integration

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Seeing as it'd cost $197 for a copy of their software to MAKE an integration, it'd still end up costing to create such an integration...

Not to mention, if their source is encoded (Zend or IonCube) it'd be next to impossible to modify their software to update memberdata or set cookies from their script to the ubb...

All in all, I'm not sure how this would work (I went and looked at their licensing system, and it would appear that there is a 99% chance that it's source is encoded as it's the only way to enforce a license with date terms)

Last edited by Gizmo; 03/25/2008 9:35 PM.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
V
stranger
stranger
V Offline
Originally Posted by Gizmo
Seeing as it'd cost $197 for a copy of their software to MAKE an integration, it'd still end up costing to create such an integration...

Not to mention, if their source is encoded (Zend or IonCube) it'd be next to impossible to modify their software to update memberdata or set cookies from their script to the ubb...

All in all, I'm not sure how this would work (I went and looked at their licensing system, and it would appear that there is a 99% chance that it's source is encoded as it's the only way to enforce a license with date terms)

not true -they are only some lines concerning licensing encoded , all other code is not
I have a right to modify the script as I want , so if I give you the source code and you modify it is not violation of any thing

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by vassil
not true -they are only some lines concerning licensing encoded , all other code is not
Well, that at least sounds somewat promising on your end...

Originally Posted by vassil
if I give you the source code and you modify it is not violation of any thing
well, that dwells down to two things...
1. As the license is encoded and is likely required to run the app; it'd be difficult to test.
2. You could be violating your license by providing the software to third parties; you may want to review the license terms before doing such.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
It would be possible to do the work on his server and I think they'd be fine with a developer creating another integration as long as the software didn't actually run on another site. I'd ask permission first.

- Allen
V
stranger
stranger
V Offline
Originally Posted by AllenAyres
It would be possible to do the work on his server and I think they'd be fine with a developer creating another integration as long as the software didn't actually run on another site. I'd ask permission first.

OK
if you are able to do the job I'll specially ask for permission to do that
so , if you tell me how much it will cost me we will talk further
thanks

V
stranger
stranger
V Offline
Originally Posted by Gizmo
You could be violating your license by providing the software to third parties; you may want to review the license terms before doing such.

as AllenAyres says , if it can been dun on server and is not used on another domain what is the problem then ?
I'll ask right now about it

V
stranger
stranger
V Offline
hi all
I'm not violating anything
somebody ready to do the job ?
I offer payment
I'm not asking for free service

thanks

H
Addict
Addict
H Offline
You're asking in the right place. Allen and Gizmo know their stuff.

V
stranger
stranger
V Offline
thanks
I hope I'll hear from them

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Unfortunately, currently, time does not permit for me to dive through a codebase I've never seen before to preform such a modification.

V
stranger
stranger
V Offline
no big deal
I know I'll end up using vBulletin
however

thanks

Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
Don't write of ubb just yet smile

I am in the middle of writing a library that can create users in ubb.threads, and to log them in.

It's a bit of a slow progress because I don't need it myself, I just see cries for forum integration on a very regular basis.

You would need to create users in the other script, and not in threads. Threads in this solution would sort of be the slave.

Coding integration would be simple, just find the spot in the "foreign" codebase where users are created and add a creation to threads, and find the spot where users get logged in and add logging into threads at that spot.

If ubb.threads would be your main database, and threads would have to create users in the other application, it would be a custom job for each and every application.

All in all, cost are dependend on which database you want to make master, and which application the slave. If ubb is slave, it's cheaper. But I don't know the site will be setup.

[Linked Image from siemons.org]
V
stranger
stranger
V Offline
yes
the idea is that UBB act as a slave DB , users will register on mine website using SM , and then to have a option to write in the forums without making new registration
so , when your library will be available ?

Y
Veteran
Veteran
Y Offline
I don't have an exact timeframe for it, I am doing it inbetween as I don't have an exact use for it. Like I said, integration is asked for more and more, so it's sort of preperation of requests to come.

I don't know what your current status is as in deadlines/wish dates?

[Linked Image from siemons.org]
V
stranger
stranger
V Offline
I'm not in rush , and I can say if it is done by june is ok
so two months it should been enough I think

and as you say integration is a must for many reasons and you will hear more and more requests

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 879 guests, and 150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29