Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
J Offline
Upgrade from 7.2 to 7.3.1 went smoothly.

One of the issues I have now is slowness. Normally the pages load quickly: "Generated in 0.210 seconds in which 0.096 seconds were spent on a total of 23 queries. Zlib compression enabled." Very often, however, it can be "Generated in 7.858 seconds in which 7.782 seconds were spent on a total of 23 queries. Zlib compression enabled." [And this is for the main forums page.]

Should I optimize the tables? Or something else?

I am still trying to resolve issues with the photo gallery not working correctly and not being able to see language files (there is absolutely nothing under languages). Should I resolve those issues first?

Thanks!

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Hmm, just checked your site and everything is loading very quick:

Generated in 0.143 seconds in which 0.055 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression enabled.

What exactly is the photo gallery issue?

As for the language files. Try clearing your cache in the control panel. The storage for these has changed a bit, and this might fix it.

J
J Offline
Rick,

Thanks! I've cleared the cache but will do so again. Yes, it is usually quite quick, but it does hang up. The "Generated in 7.858 seconds in which 7.782 seconds were spent on a total of 23 queries" was from earlier today.

Photo Gallery Issue:

1. When uploading a new photo the "Preview" does not work. If the photo is submitted it does go into the approval queue.

2. If you edit the photo and delete it, it is deleted. However, if you then browse into the Forum it is still listed as a thread. If you click it tell you "There was a problem looking up this post in our database."

I posted this here this morning.

Also, an issue with the language not being listed and not being able to update the character set.

Thanks!

Jake

J
J Offline
Stumbled across something I thought I'd mention.

I am still having slowness issues - sometimes after clicking to perform a function (post, edit, etc.) or even reloading the home page it can take several minutes for the action to complete and the updated page displayed. It appears that this is only a problem in Firefox (both 2.x and 3.0.1 running on XP and at least one version running on Mac). I discovered this while I also had Internet Explorer 7.0 running at the same time. I posted test posts in each. IE posted immediately and Firefox sat there for a good 2 minutes before the post was completed and displayed. One of my mac users confirmed that he experienced the same hang up with Firefox while the posting function was very quick with Safari.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 598 guests, and 134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29