Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
B Offline
I have manually checked all files on the lists given during this upgrade step from 7.1.1 to 7.3.1.. But everytime I click on "Check Files" it never continues on to the next step... Very frusterating..

Any thoughts? I may just be missing a file.. but the utility has to list all 100 some odd on there instead of just the ones that are missing..

B
B Offline
The odd thing is that I found an old post by Rick that says to try adding "?step=3" to it to continue, and it goes to the page and indicates I have all the necessary files, but when I click on the proceed to next step button, it goes right back to the original check files page again. Happens in both IE and Firefox. The source for the install file shows that the submit button should send me to the next step, but when I look at the submit button in the browser, it only shows it going back to the original update.php page.

The following files do not exist in your install
(Make sure these are uploaded)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All files uploaded.

The following files are reporting a wrong version #
(Make sure you updated these files)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All files report proper version #.

The following files need to be removed
All files tagged for removal have been removed.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Actually, try changing the ?step=3 to ?step=4 and that should bring you to the next step, which is checking the languages.

B
B Offline
Actually tried all the way up to step 5... The problem is even then when I hit "update language files" it takes me back to the original "check files" page.

The code all looks right as far as I can see... Permissions are all set according to the install file.

I even re-uploaded the update file on the off chance it was corrupt, but nada.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
What does your error log say? Something similar happened to me before and it was a permissions issue.

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
B
B Offline
How do I access the error log outside the board? When I try to go to the board right now all I get is MySQL Errors. And are you talking the MySQL error log or another one?

This is the error from when I try to go to the board right now.

We encountered a problem. The reason reported was
Script: /raid/home/dancesafe/dancesafe/booth/libs/user.inc.php
Line#: 445
SQL Error: Unknown column 't1.USER_RULES_ACCEPTED' in 'field list'
SQL Error #: 1054
Query: SELECT t2.USER_TIME_OFFSET,t2.USER_TOPIC_VIEW_TYPE,t2.USER_TIME_FORMAT, t1.USER_ID, t1.USER_DISPLAY_NAME, t1.USER_PASSWORD, t1.USER_SESSION_ID, t1.USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL, t1.USER_IS_BANNED,t1.USER_RULES_ACCEPTED, t1.USER_IS_UNDERAGE, t2.USER_TOTAL_PM, t2.USER_STYLE, t2.USER_HIDE_LEFT_COLUMN,t2.USER_HIDE_RIGHT_COLUMN, t2.USER_LANGUAGE, t2.USER_MOOD, t2.USER_RELATIVE_TIME, t2.USER_TIME_OFFSET,t2.USER_SHOW_ALL_GRAEMLINS, t2.USER_AVATAR, t2.USER_TITLE, t2.USER_CUSTOM_TITLE, t2.USER_NAME_COLOR, t2.USER_SHOW_LEFT_MYSTUFF FROM ubbt_dsbUSERS as t1, ubbt_dsbUSER_PROFILE as t2 WHERE t1.USER_ID = '' AND t1.USER_ID = t2.USER_ID

So, it seems to be basically saying that I haven't updated the SQL DB yet with the new categories.

Thanks ahead of time for the help :-)

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Check the permissions on the files manually; it may be that the sessions folder or config file aren't writeable

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
B
B Offline
On every single file (all couple hundred of them)? I checked the Sessions folder, 777. The stuff inside the install folder is 664, but I tried 777 and that still didn't work either.

B
B Offline
So, I can't seem to find any permissions error.. is there a way to run an automated check at all?

I am about to consider using one of my support credits for this, even though I am sure it will be an easy fix.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
the writeable FILES should be 666.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
B
B Offline
hmm.. I'll give it a try, thanks Giz. I just realized my above post might have seemed a bit snarky, sorry all, just frustrating when things go wrong for no apparent reason.

B
B Offline
So, checked all files, permissions set correctly... I just realized something.. this has to be script related or such. It's not that it's not recognizing which files are present or not... It's that it is not processing that it needs to move on to the next step *period*. When I click the submit(or whatever) button, it's not sending the form data, it's just sending me back to the main page.

B
B Offline
Rick fixed it.. turns out The config file was set for http://dancesafe.org, and for some reason that wasn't allowing anything variables to be passed. So he changed it to http://www.dancesafe.org and it worked.

Just putting this up there in case someone else has this problem.

THANKS RICK!

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
hehe, it's usually something simple.

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
possibly a .htaccess files issue or redirector setting?

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 744 guests, and 147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29