Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
stranger
stranger
P Offline
I have been using UBB for my website a since 6 years now! The problem I am facing is the design styles. At the moment we do not have too much time to design our own stylesheets while the other Message Boards are better supported in regards of Designs.

If there is a reason I can switch UBB to some other Message Board out there, it will be the number of layout designs we can choose from. I suggest that UBB hires a Designer and designes a couple of stylesheets for the community.
The efforts of some of the members to provide proffesional designs are pointless.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Well, we do have some free ones listed both here and at UBBDev; I've given permission for Rick to use my Serene ones which I posted here in the default product if he so wishes.

Several of us (including myself) also sell styles and style creation services for a modest fee for users looking to vamp their sites.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
P
stranger
stranger
P Offline
Hello Gizmo,
I know that they are some free ones, but they are not professional most of the times, and they are not enough!
If UBB wants to gain market where it has lost, it should look to provide something more to its customers, starting from Graphic Representations.

M
stranger
stranger
M Offline
Check this, not a solution, but proof you are not the only one;)
https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/u...ter_default_UBB_Threads_.html#Post205944

P
stranger
stranger
P Offline
Thank you for the link mikey81.
I hope that they really put some efforts in this direction (as Rick says in that post).

If not, I am seriously considering to switch to some other Message Board with more options (from the community or the company) for the Graphic Presentation.

M
stranger
stranger
M Offline
Well that's the point. Technically I find UBB threads the best around. Is has (almost) all features a good messageboard software needs. If you take a look at vbulletin, you'll find that because of all the features, the admin interface is way to complicated. Most features in vbulletin are features you'll probably never use.
There is just very little modifications and good designs around for ubb threads. That makes it less interesting.
Also ubb.threads is missing a good import system. That will keep potential cutomers from converting.

Mike

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
The current layout isn't as flexible as we'd like so it makes it a bit tough to really go crazy and make some changes that don't still look pretty similar. It's possible, but takes quite a bit more work than we'd like.

We are looking at redoing the UI to add this flexibility, which will probably come after our next feature release is put out, which will contain user blogs.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
PostNuke uses Smarty, and they actually allow you to actually have "themes" vs "styles", works pretty well

Last edited by Gizmo; 09/17/2008 7:18 PM.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
M
stranger
stranger
M Offline
Originally Posted by Rick
We are looking at redoing the UI to add this flexibility, which will probably come after our next feature release is put out, which will contain user blogs.

That's just great. We'll stick to UBB.Threads for sure. It's simply the most user- and admin friendly message board software around. Just a little more design flexability and a few good designs to come with the product would be great!
Oh... don't forget the unregister feature wink

Mike

P
stranger
stranger
P Offline
Originally Posted by Rick

The sooner the better! So maybe now that you have released 7.3.1 you can work on the UI ?

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
We've got one more major feature to get in before we redo the UI. Which is blogs. We'll be releasing 7.4 within a couple weeks I think. Then we'll get working on the blogs feature. At that point, we'll have pretty much all the major features we need for awhile so we can concentrate on the UI.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (rootman), 641 guests, and 112 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29