Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Hi all,
several years ago I have, for the purpose of learning, developed my own forum, which became in a certain smaller group of users (developers) somewhat popular.

But as time passed by, i kinda forgot about that community (i know it's no excuse, but i had others, larger ones to care for), so i really never upgraded that forum.

So now, after approximately seven years, i used my copy of ubbthreads to migrate whole community to a more stable environment. after a whole days work i finally managed to get this custom migration script working.

Most things work now, but there is only one problem left - i still don't have a working copy of POST_BODY in _posts table, only POST_DEFAULT_BODY.

It's obvious, with 15k+ posts i really don't want to edit every single message manually to repair it.

Is there any simple "rebuild all posts" type of command, or at least a sample part of generic importer code, which i could use to just get rid of this simple annoyance?

Thanks for your help.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
If you're running 7.3, then what you could do is use the Content Rebuilder section, and rebuild the post content. This will take what is in the POST_DEFAULT_BODY and then populate the POST_BODY field.

If your POST_DEFAULT_BODY already contains all of the marked up code and could be used directly, another option is just to run a simple query and set the POST_BODY to be the same as POST_DEFAULT_BODY

update ubbt_POSTS set POST_BODY = POST_DEFAULT_BODY

B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Thank you very much Rick, looks like i'm gonna upgrade first and then let content rebuilder do its magic smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (DennyP, 1 invisible), 969 guests, and 171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29