Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Don't really know if this is a bug but this is what happened when I went to My Stuff (on this forum) to change my avatar.

On pressing the submit button after selecting the file that I wanted to upload for an avatar the next screen appeared saying: The passwords you have entered do not match. Please carefully re-type your password.

I then changed the password and it went through ok but the avatar did not update. After several attempts I gave up (checked size of avatar all correct).

Next step did not bother trying to change avatar and just pressed the submit button and the same error message came up without doing any changes. What I did notice was the the
Verify Password: (Re-type your password here in order for the change to take place.) had more dots than the
Password: (between 4 and 20 characters) box.

Would this be a problem with the new version?

I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Are you sure you do not have auto fill-in for passwords set on your computer? Just wondering if it is auto-filling when it shouldn't be.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Originally Posted by Ian
Are you sure you do not have auto fill-in for passwords set on your computer? Just wondering if it is auto-filling when it shouldn't be.

Ian thanks for your reply regarding the password issue. I checked the laptop and yes in the Internet Explorer it had auto complete ticked but as I use firefox all the time these days I did not think that would have a part in it.

When I went to change my avatar the first time I only changed that in my profile and when I clicked the submit button it told me that the password was incorrect (no changes to that at all). I was thinking because the forum here had been updated it could have caused an error some how.

Anyway today I went into the my profile just to check and pressed the submit button like before and all worked ok.

Thanks again for your help.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Gizmo), 343 guests, and 134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29