Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
journeyman
journeyman
I was going through the control panel to find how to turn off the image resizing and in the same vicinity I noticed that my path for Attachment Storage Directory is munged in the display. (Found under Control Panel -> Feature Settings -> Attachements -> Attachment Storage Directory)

If the path should be "I:\Inetpub\webroot\forums\attachments" it displays as "I:Inetpubwebrootforumsattachments". If I change it to "I:\Inetpub\webroot\forums\attachments", test directory with good results and save it, it refreshes and displays again as "I:\Inetpub\webroot\forums\attachments".

I'm assuming it's saving right (or was unmolested in the upgrade) or else I would have had calls already on the uploads not working.

Thanks,
Tim

UBB Since November 07, 2000.
The only surefire way is to test a attachment post or find one that was posted after you corrected it. And verify it is indeed in the correct folder.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
journeyman
journeyman
Actually, I checked in config.inc.php and discovered that the ATTACHEMENTS_PATH did have the "stripped" value. I tried to give it escaped slashes (e.g. "\\") and it didn't like that. So, I changed them to forward slashes (e.g. "/") and it seems to work as expected now. They even show up fine in the control panel now, although I've not tried to change them there again as in the brief time that I had changed it, it generated support issues as people's uploads were not occuring.

On that note, I got calls that downloads were failing (people upload screnshots for support purposes.) With the bad path, it appeared to the end users that the uploads were working fine. Meaning, they weren't being made aware that their file didn't really upload. It was obvious that it failed though when someone visited the post to assist, and the download couldn't be found. I can see a gap in numbers in the attachment directory during the time that the uploads didn't work (e.g. the files went from 4510.png to 4522.pdf, with nothing inbetween but "test.file".)

Thanks,
Tim

UBB Since November 07, 2000.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 522 guests, and 99 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29