Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#217608 10/06/2008 6:06 PM
Heya Everyone~

I hope everyone's doing well. Me--life is way too hectic! laugh

I have a question not relating to Threads, but to computers. I have a very old desk-top--it runs on XP. I have a slightly newer lap-top that also runs on XP.

With my older desk-top, I can access two sites that for whatever the reasons--I cannot on my lap-top. The one relates to my work e-mail. I hate having to go in and work on the old desk-top because it's so s-l-o-w ... but nothing I've tried on my lap-top will allow me to log into my work e-mail.

I dumped the cookies, I dumped the passwords--I think I even dumped history, but I'm not positive.

There's also one other site that I cannot access on my lap-top.

Am I making sense? Does anyone have a fix?

~Sue <<-- figures it's probably really easy ... but ... it's ME we're talking about! LOL

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Are you trying to access your pr0n on your lap-top?

laugh

Hi Sue smile

You might try adding those sites to your safe sites list and see if that fixes the issue.

- Allen
- ThreadsDev | PraiseCafe
Heya Allen,

I never changed anything (to my knowledge) on my laptop -- so it perplexes me why I cannot get to the sites now.

I went into the browser and tried to make a few changes. No luck.

*sigh*

~Sue <<-- wish I was more computer savvy

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
wonder if you had put those sites into your hosts file way back when, and need to do the same on the new computer.

Hi Sue! *wave*

This thread for sale. Click here! [Linked Image from navaho.infopop.cc]
Hey David!

Thing is--I used to be able to get to both sites on THIS computer--my lap-top.

What changed with the work e-mail is this: I received a promotion (yay! I think--although I'm working ridiculous hours!) -- so I now have a different e-mail sign-on and a different store.

Otherwise, nothing's changed.

My old computer--allows me to see the e-mail as always; my lap-top doesn't. I keep getting a "You are not authorized to perform this operation" message -- even though I'm authorized! LOL

Sue

K
stranger
stranger
K Offline
Sounds like a FIREWALL to me and since it is a different store the new computer is still looking for the old.

KR1010

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Well if it was a HOSTS issue you wouldn't even get to the site to see the error.

Are you sure you don't have some type of Malware on the system?

Maybe download an anti-malware scanner: [color=green]malwarebytes.org[/color]
Then install the program and do a Quick Scan not a full scan and see if it finds anything. If it does then you might want to post a new post in the Hijackthis forum for assistance.

If nothing found then take a look at your Phishing filter either from IE or from your Antivirus product and disable it at least temporarily for testing.

If no issue there then look at the firewall and temporarily disable it for testing, then turn it back on.

Me again. eek

I'm still having this issue--only now, I'm also having it on a brand-new spanking computer that I literally just set-up late yesterday afternoon.

I can access my work e-mail on my super slow, glacial, OLD computer, but I cannot do so on my newer laptop and now, my new desktop.

With the new computer, I've tried to turn off the phishing filter, and I've also temporarily turned off the firewall.

No dice.

I bought the new computer for a variety of reasons--among them, I want to retire the old, glacial system AND be able to access my work e-mail here at home.

HELP!

~Sue <<-- computer stoopid

I
Ian Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I Offline
Is the email POP3 or M$ Exchange etc. If exchange is it configured exactly the same as the old computer?

It's just a regular web-site -- kinda like gmail/aol, etc.

You go to the site.

Type in user-name.

Type in password.

But it keeps saying I'm unauthorized -- even though I am, and I can access it on my very OLD computer! LOL

Sue

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 458 guests, and 91 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29