Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
journeyman
journeyman
I'm trying to set up a test server to prepare for our upgrade on my local workstation and am experiencing unexpected behavior in the install.

I'm doing a fresh install of 7.3, and on Step 8 ("You may now proceed to the next step to create all of the necessary database tables"), when I click the "Proceed to the next step" button, it advances to the next page (createtable.php) and all it displays is "Failed to write config:" with no additional information.

I've verified all the permissions are correct, I received no errors during any of the checks, and all should be fine.

This is a Windows XP Professional machine though, running IIS and PHP 5.6.2. The one thing that was "odd" about this install is that I was using an off port for IIS. But, I changed everything back to port 80 and still get the same issue.

Granted this isn't a show stopper, I was just wanting to get familiar with the 7.3 before upgrading due to the fact that we have hundreds of users using our forums for support, but I thought I'd bring this to attention.

I'm going to create a FreeBSD VM and see if it performs differently on that, than locally installing it on my XP Pro workstation. I'll report the results of that here.

UBB Since November 07, 2000.
journeyman
journeyman
When I created a FreeBSD VM, installed Apache/PHP, etc. on it and then installed the UBB from scratch, I didn't have a problem.

One thing I noticed though was that when doing the install on FreeBSD, it populated the path and URL boxes, whereas on the Windows installs, I had to enter them.

I hope this may have been an issue with Windows XP, as opposed to IIS/Windows in general. The disposable FreeBSD virtual machine is ok to test with, but our production server that will be upgraded is running on Windows Server 2003 with IIS.

Tim

C
stranger
stranger
C Offline
I am having this issue with a W2K3 server, did you ever get to the bottom of your issue on Windows XP

journeyman
journeyman
I don't believe I saw this again. I tested it on FreeBSD, then upgraded the production server (Windows Server 2003) without any problems.

I
stranger
stranger
I Offline
I am facing the same issue with win2k3 and IIS , but when run with apache it goes fine. what did u do to overcome this problem.its Urgent smile

Inderjot

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Gizmo, Nightcrawler), 553 guests, and 186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29