Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
stranger
stranger
L Offline
I have quite a few users who would like to remove certain other users from their "Buddies" list as they are not "buddies" ... I have tried the "ignore" option but that does not remove an ignored user who is listed on your "buddies" list from the list.

Does anyone know how a "standard" user can remove people from their "buddies" list?

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
go to your buddy list (my stuff, buddies) .. check the rows of buddies you wanna remove.. 'remove selected'

*poof* done..

L
stranger
stranger
L Offline
Sorry, I may not be explaining myself correctly. I noticed how to remove "buddies" I have added but when you view your profile it shows "buddies" (Users that have added me) ... I cannot find anywhere that shows how to remove them. In my "buddie" list from where you described I see two people but when I view my profile, I have will over 20 "buddies" ... people who have added me. Some of my users do not want to display that they are "buddies" with some other users on the board and would like to remove those people even though they did not add them personally.

Also how do you "deny" someone from adding you to their "buddie" list or turn off your "buddie" list all together? I do not see any per user configurations based on this.

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
true.. the buddy list is a one way dealio.. it was never like a 'friend' as used in a lotta social sites..

i added a mod to make the whole buddy system be a request to be a 'friend' and an accept, etc..

that is prolly more of what you are asking for.. it's NOT in stock, so you are wanting something 'special' and ubbdev like wink

as for your short term fix.. just comment out the buddy portion of showprofile.tpl and you should be good to go..

J
J Offline
My users are telling me that users they had blocked are now (with 7.5.2, I think) turning up as buddies.

Any way to remove all buddies and force people to start over?

SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
yes.. just empty out the ubbt_ADDRESS_BOOK table and everyone starts over from zero..

SQL Query
TRUNCATE ubbt_ADDRESS_BOOK;

does this wink

C
journeyman
journeyman
C Offline
Originally Posted by Sirdude
yes.. just empty out the ubbt_ADDRESS_BOOK table and everyone starts over from zero..

SQL Query
TRUNCATE ubbt_ADDRESS_BOOK;

does this wink
What a pain in the $$$. tongue

www.carolinasoutdoor.com
Hunting and Fishing the Carolinas

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,073 guests, and 180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29