Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Hi all. Been a VERY long time user of UBBThreads but very little involved here on the forums - ironic? Probably....

Anyway, our boards have grown quieter over the last 18 months, and I was thinking why... A feature I see on other boards is that users are emailed when their posts are answered. I think this would be a big benefit to our board's user base, as people now very often join, post, but then never return!

I've set things so that as admin I get emailed on forum activity, but can users also be emailed when their topics are replied to? Am I missing something? If it's available, how do I make it a default behaviour? Cheers. smile

D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D Offline
Irony? No. Irony

Have you checked out the Watch Lists feature?

Thanks for the reply DLW. smile

I've looked at the Watch Lists feature, and this is how I understand it: it's a user option that is turned off by default, but even if users activate the option they aren't necessarily emailed responses to their Watched items, but must activate that additionally. I may have this wrong?

What I'd prefer is a means for an opt-out system of emailing responses to forum posts - if this doesn't exist in UBBThreads then I'll post it as a feature request.

Ironically, I'm a drummer. wink

Thinking about this a bit more, I believe this is what I'm after:

When a user makes a post then the post is by default added to their "Watched List" and by default set for email notification.

Pre-checked boxes with FULL REPLY would enable the user to disable these defaults. Any thoughts, or shall I raise this in the feature request forum?

Not looking at the template.
You could edit it as a modification and have the "Add this topic to my Watched Topics" field selected as a default. When a user posts a topic.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
3 members (rootman, Gizmo, Nightcrawler), 562 guests, and 186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29