Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#227967 07/29/2009 11:38 PM
L
stranger
stranger
L Offline
(Threads 7.5.3) I've got attachments set up per the FAQ-Attachments 101, I've set the permissions on the directory to 777, I've set forum permissions to allow for posting of attachments, allow .doc, .xls, & .pdf files, I've set teh max size it 1mb.

The directory test on the Featured Settings>Attachments works and places a test file in the directory.

I can post documents with attachements and everything appears to work, but when I try to access the test documents from the post, they are blank. When I check, they are not showing up in the designated attachment folder, but they are showing up in Forum>tmp. If I open the file in the tmp directory it is fine.

Any tips for troubleshooting this?

Thanks,
Loren

You have two path entry's for attachments. They must match each other as far as where they point to. Make sure the "Full URL to Attachment Storage Directory:" is in a format like http://www.mysite.com/attachmentdirectory.

Also if you are on a windows server and your absolute path has a drive letter I believe you need double slashes. That may be why it is going to a tmp directory.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
M
stranger
stranger
M Offline
I came across this post as I'm doing a complete reinstall of my board. I've learned in the past (via various photo galleries) that for security reasons, it may be a good idea to actually have files uploaded to a folder that is not accessible to visitors, ie, not within the domain, for example....
My domain would point to...

htdocs\mydomain

my forum would be located at

htdocs\mydomain\forums

and the folder I created for uploading file attachments would be here....

htdocs\attachments

The test to find this directory passes just fine, but seeing as how the next field actually requests the full url...I'm curious to understand why this isn't something that has been implemented.

As it is with the photo galleries that implement this (like Gallery 2) the images are viewable just the same.

Thanks for your input

Last edited by Murphdog; 08/24/2009 7:10 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Geoff), 377 guests, and 191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29