Print Thread
Hop To
#227965 07/29/2009 7:01 PM
A
stranger
stranger
A Offline
Hi all.

Tired trying to figure it out myself, so here are my stoplights i am looking for a go with.

1: how do i get members to upload their own Avatar and pictures.

2: i want all the columns on the sides to be displayed, however in the middle of the site i would like to use it as a website and have some links on the side, which one would lead to the forums. in other words, how do you create an island in the center and have that as the main page to your site after the index page.

3: is there some way to change place the names of the different parts in the skin editor so i would know what to click on when i want to change a particular area? know what is what is a bit honerous.

4: is there someone who can custom make a skin for me? i'm not much of a designer./

1.)You will need to do this for each group you wish to allow.
Control Panel » Group Management » Site Permissions
Can upload an avatar set to 1. There also are other settings that you may consider while you are there.

2.) This is not a feature that supports more than one island in the center.
You can try Control Panel » Forum Settings » Edit Forum-Custom Inserts

3.) No it is what it is. Utill we have a new editor.

4.) there are several users here that do just that. Somebody will chime in.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
BTW, It would probably be more beneficial to submit one question at a time. Or at least be all related to one feature.
I will get confusing trying to determine what answer pertains to what question, after a while.

Blue Man Group
A
stranger
stranger
A Offline
thanx i got the avatar going gonna ask my guys to test it out. also check on my site. i'm trying to do the code thing to get my logo to be the index page, but the logo does not load. tried all the img src. etc. and it does not work except for the hyperlink.

A
stranger
stranger
A Offline
Oh one thing as well what about the Avatar directory? that is blank in the CP. should i have a full URL in there?

Yes both path types need to be filled in.
The Absolute PATH
and the full url
Also don't forget to click on the
"Click to test directory"
This will write a file called test.file in the location and check file permissions. never delete that file.

Blue Man Group
A
stranger
stranger
A Offline
I figured that they have to be filled, however i was also wondering if there was a directory already in the software and i just have to add that extension of the directory to my domain info. Or is it that i have to create a directory (folder) so that the avatars can be stored by the users. in other words can you give me an example of both the The Absolute PATH
and the full url.

No there is not a default directory you pick where they go
Okay for me:
Avatar Upload Storage Directory: /home/iaeifl/public_html/forumuploads/avatars
Don't forget to click on the test link

Full URL to Avatar Upload Storage Directory: http://www.iaeifl.org/forumuploads/avatars

Blue Man Group
A
stranger
stranger
A Offline
okay if am getting this right the only thing i see is in attachements to add those paths is that the correct place?

| aol.ai | ANGUILLA ONLINE » Control Panel » Feature Settings

That location is just for file upload attachments.
Control Panel » Feature Settings-Attachments
But the same rules apply.
For your avatars:
Control Panel » Profile Settings-Avatars

Blue Man Group
A
stranger
stranger
A Offline
ok i think i got it. can you check it out? http://anguillaonline.ai the next thing is trying to get those images as you will see to actually show.

Okay I don't quite understand the question but I will need to register to see anything. And it would help to have a link to what image you are talking about.

Blue Man Group
Since your registrations are moderated I am waiting on you to approve.

Blue Man Group
A
stranger
stranger
A Offline
Ok you are in.

A
stranger
stranger
A Offline
and the images i am talking about well i guess i need to get that with my hosting provider, however it is the logo to lead to the index page and where u come in is the logo on the header of the portal.

A
stranger
stranger
A Offline
Ok i think i am getting the hang of this coding thing check it out, i have the logo up on the index page now, just trying to get it to be centered and in the middle of the page.

A
stranger
stranger
A Offline
Ok fresh new question now. I got the coding worked out. i understand much now about the boards so it gets a bit more technical now. if you visit the site http://anguillaonline.ai you see the area where there is the forums? well i want to know if i can have an are like that customized to upload video to it. So it would be like a new page on the site and on the left hand corner where you see site map i would like to have the links in there for the different pages. the reason why i am asking is because i am under the impression that the UBB only gives you the pages that comes with the software and you are unable to create another page while keeping the left and right columns. am i correct?

One thing at a time.
In the faq how do i forums gizmo has a basic island blurb that explains how to add to a island for say your site map island. https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/u...Tips_for_Editing_Custom_.html#Post227829

Or you can see my question on the subject at https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthre...html#Post227815

As far as a custom page Gizmo again has just posted what is called a wrapper mod. Which is a lot easier that the sample include file that comes with ubb. It is very simple to install and you really don't need to modify the ubb code. https://www.ubbdev.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/318048/7_x_UBB_Wrapper.html#Post318048
All you do is upload about 4 files. And add your html to your custom page. It has some other items to address such as title but it is extremely easy to add a page with the same format as your ubb site.

Blue Man Group
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Yeh, I decided to stop breaking the UBB and post something practical with the wrapper lol...

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Does that mean we need to remove you from UBBDEV "Breaking your forums since 1999"?

Blue Man Group
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
tongue

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
A
stranger
stranger
A Offline
I think i might have asked the wrong question as i did not understand your all replies. in layman terms what i am trying to do is to keep the right and left columns, however the part in the middle where the forums are listed i need a blank page to come up there so i can edit a script for a video player like real or WMP. i understand how to make the site map and to create the links in it etc. just not sure how you create a blank page. I am assuming that the area where the forums are that each box with the boarder is called an island. if so i would need a page size island still keeping the left and right columns there. What threw me off from the responses was the wrapper thing. Is there a glossary of terms for UBBDev.?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Well, there are two ways to make a new page in the UBB... You can take the old/long route by copying and editing the /script/sample.inc.php /templates/default/sample.tpl /languages/english/sample.php files and change them accordingly; or install my UBB.Wrapper plugin at UBBDev (here)

A
stranger
stranger
A Offline
Nice... you guys got all the answers. If Obama had consulted u all b4 presenting the bill to congress we all would have had good insurance by now! i'm gonna experiment with it for a while and see what happens. thanx again.

A
stranger
stranger
A Offline
UBB Message
This email address has been banned.

that's what i get when i try to register to download the zip

A
stranger
stranger
A Offline
got it downloaded but in my hosting i have no folder or files for instal i.e. no directory

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Nightcrawler), 639 guests, and 217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29