Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
addict
addict
I just tried to upload a photo to my newly created gallery and got this error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function resize_image_() in /home/gregk/public_html/libs/image.inc.php on line 66

Any idea what I've missed in the setup? Everything else seems to be working fine.

Greg AKA Virgil Earp at the OK Corral
Tombstone, AZ
Veteran
Veteran
I have found that if the photo is over 800 pixels wide it may give you tons of problems. I think it is something in the software for the gallery.

addict
addict
Hmmm, I posted this same pic on another site I was using the software on before I changed over to the new site. Unfortunately I do not have the other site configured so I can't compare settings, etc.

Tombstone, AZ
You must have just upgraded.
This is what happens on occasion. All you have to do is open the control panel and select submit even if it looks correct.
then it will repopulate the setting in the database.
HERE is a post with the same problem and resolution with a link to another post.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
addict
addict
I'll give that a try. This is a brand new installation, but that doesn't mean this won't fix it... smile

Tombstone, AZ
I believe what happens is somehow the connection to the database hiccups while the control panel is trying to update the new fields.
In fact it happened to me once.
Just find the screen that applies to the problem such as image re size I believe it is the gallery section and submit again.

Blue Man Group
addict
addict
Sigh. Fix one problem another rears it's ugly head. I dont' longer get the error, but I don't get the photo either, just three lines showing the defaults for full size, medium size and thumbnail images. I think I'll go lay down for awhile and give it a rest and the solution will probably present itself after I try again.

Tombstone, AZ
Check your folder and file permissions . You can do that from the control panel also. If you have something that failed you can click on it and it will expand and show all the files.

Blue Man Group
addict
addict
While checking some other things out, it appears to be a server problem in that I'm not able to change the gallery sub-folders permissions to the correct one to allow the forum to write to them.

Tombstone, AZ
addict
addict
I was able to change the permissions on one of the folders on my server, which fixed the problem in one of my galleries, but to fix the 2nd one I had to completely get rid of the forum and recreate it from scratch and now it's working. I knew a short, very short, nap would help, plus about a dozen Gummy Bears didn't hurt either...LOL

Tombstone, AZ
You only change the gallery and default folder under gallery to 777. The rest will take on what they are when adding pictures. The additional gallery items will be built from the default folder.

Blue Man Group
addict
addict
Unfortunately, it was not working that way. Not sure why, but it's sorted itself out now as when I recreated the gallery forum, it, as it was supposed to, created a new set of folders on the server with the correct permissions. Now I'm fighting getting rid of the one that was fubar'd.

Last edited by GregK; 08/17/2009 2:41 PM.

Tombstone, AZ
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Sounds like it was possibly created as the user that the webserver is running as and has it's default permissions. In that case, many times the user you are FTPing as doesn't have permission to delete it.

If it's on a shared server and you don't have permission to delete the folder then you'll probably need to create a script that deletes it (since it will run as the webserver user and will have the proper permissions). If it's just an empty directory, then you'd just create a script in the parent directory with something like:

PHP Code

<?php

rmdir("directoryname");

?>

addict
addict
I was able to go in via my cPanel and delete it. I've seen this happen before and it's always a pain in the rear to deal with it. Bottom line, though, both galleries are working as they should and I'm a happy camper. Well, I would be if I could get out in my motor home and really camp! LOL

Tombstone, AZ

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Nightcrawler), 552 guests, and 173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29