Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
D Offline
(sorry if these have been asked before. "rss" is difficult to search for, as the string itself is too short! crazy )

1) threads 7.2 offers two RSS feed types: new topics only and recent posts. however, if i'm reading this right, "recent posts" does not acknowledge new posts within the same thread. i.e; if the 5 most recent posts are all in the same thread, it only sees the last post from that thread, and finds the rest from other threads. is there anyway to have the feed "accept" multiple posts from a single thread?

2) where can i edit how the actual RSS format appears? i'd like to remove the author tag and/or remove the large paragraph indent, etc.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
The rss format is in the template file (as this is where all of the outward appearance of files appears); try rss_xml.tpl

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
D
D Offline
ahh, that works out quite nicely for #2. why thank y'gizmo! smile

D
D Offline
i was just searching for info on displaying all posts via RSS, and happened to come across... my post! smile

so, um... to continue this recent conversation...

is there anyway to display an RSS feed that, for example, displays every post in date order within a specific forum?

D
D Offline
i should also add (in addition to fixing my 2-year-long spelling error in the title... shocked ) that i'm using ubb.threads version: 7.2, so i don't know if what i'm looking for is now an option in the newer 7.5+ versions. but if so, please let me know -- that'd at least be a quick fix to get what i need smile

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Gizmo), 857 guests, and 156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29