Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Hi,

I've noticed that the newest version (and probably older as well) has problem with marking posts as read in threaded mode. If you want read new topic, you'll see first post marked as read and rest of posts as unread.
If you click random post in tree (from libs: topic_tree.inc), all posts will be marked as read. All icons will be "nonewfolder.gif" and icon "new.gif" will dissapear.

You can check that bug on your board.

B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Could anyone help me? smile

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Sorry about that, seem to have missed your original post. It's definitely an issue with threaded mode that we've been fighting with for awhile. Our only solution is to pretty much redo the way threaded mode works completely, which we'll be doing for version 8.

B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Thanks, and when v8 will be released? Is there any chance, that you will fix this in ubb7? I'm not going to upgrade to ubb8 (I've done too many changes).
I'm thinking about rewriting threaded mode on my own.

B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Originally Posted by Rick
Our only solution is to pretty much redo the way threaded mode works completely, which we'll be doing for version 8.

Hi,
Is there any possibility, that you will release this script earlier? Only part with threaded mode. I'm trying to fix this myself, unfortunately with no result.

One more question. My license expires on april 2010. What if you don't manage to fix threaded mode by that time (hope you do).

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
There's no way we can just release the script since it's going to need the libraries that will come with v8.

We're working on getting v8 ready as soon as possible, but to fix threaded it's going to require an upgrade (which you said you weren't planning on doing). With the current system, the way threaded mode works now is about as good as it can get. Which is why I had mentioned that our only solution to fix it completely is during a rewrite.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (DennyP, 1 invisible), 969 guests, and 171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29