Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#231401 12/01/2009 4:37 PM
B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
I have a really strange problem, I did a search and made sure that my cookie expire was set.

The problem is if I log into my forums with IE 8 and use the "remember me on each visit" it immediatly logs me out next time I go to anything else. Howerver if I just log in without using this it works fine, I can go to everything until I close my browser.

I tried this with Google Chrome and it works just fine both ways, it seems to only be with IE8. I have deleted cookies and everything and its always the same.

any help is appriciated. Thank you

Veteran
Veteran
Go back to IE7. It is stable.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Can you provide us with a link to your forum so we can take a quick look and do a couple tests?

B
stranger
stranger
B Offline

B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
It seems I am not the ONLY one with this problem as well, more members are having the same problem. I would have to say its a cookie problem but I cant figure out how to fix it.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
I've tried to register an account on your site to test, but still waiting for the verification email.

Do you recall if it was working previously with IE8? Just to eliminate any possible issues, I'd start with checking the permissions on your sessions folder and make sure that's fully writable. Once I can login I'll take a look at the cookies.

B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
I approved ya Rick, so dont worry about the E-mail.. Also I gave you admin..

B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
I know it worked fine before IE8 on Vista that I had installed, before I updated to Windows 7 with IE8. I checked the permissions on the sessions and its correct. Also it works with Google Chrome so I wouldnt see that as the issue.. any help tho is VERY appricated!

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Hmm, I'm not seeing any issues. I have IE8 and running Windows 7 as well. Logged in, chose to be remembered, browsed around for a bit and closed the browser. Opened it back up went back to your site and I was still logged in.

Went through all of the cookies that are set and they all are being set properly with the correct values.

Curious if maybe there is some sort of IE8 security setting or something that might be getting in the way for you, although what that might be I'm not too sure. You might check your Private Settings in IE8 and see what it's set to. Maybe even try adding your site to the allow list and see if it makes any difference at all.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Every once in a while I have that same issue. It even happens to me on this board from time to time. I am useing IE8 as well.

-Tim
B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Its odd, I have tried putting all seetings in IE8 to allow, and I am talking everything. And I still got the same problem. I also tried putting myself in trusted and got the same result. However at one point it did work for about 3 logins then quit working again. Well I will keep checking stuff and if I find a reason I will post it.

B
stranger
stranger
B Offline
Some of the users on my board have the same issue. Is there already a good workaround to fix this or do we have to wait on version 8 ?

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 458 guests, and 91 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29