Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
old hand
old hand
I am hoping this one can be fixed soon! I looked at the update notes for newer version, but didn't see this addressed:

I just had a member complain that they had renewed their subscription, but their permissions are not set to his subscription level (what I call Silver level). I think what happened is that he renewed his subscription yesterday before his first subscription had actually expired. As it was, his initial subscription was to expire at around 10PM yesterday, but he re-subscribed at around 1:30PM, several hours before his initial subscription expired. In the subscription database it shows his latest subscription as being active and set to expire 1 year from now. However, when 10PM rolled around, and his initial subscription expired, it reset his permissions back to regular user.

It seems that when a subscription expires, a check should be made for that user to see if any other subscriptions at the same level exist for them that have NOT expired. If they do have a newer subscription, the older subscription can expire, but it should NOT reset their permissions.

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Hmm, it should be checking that already. I'll look through the code and see what I can find.

old hand
old hand
Well, this "might" have been a fluke but I can tell you for sure that he had a recent subscription, but his permissions were not set for his level. The only thing I could figure was that his earlier subscription expired and wiped it out.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Havenofsobriety, rootman), 624 guests, and 106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29