Print Thread
Hop To
#237125 06/01/2010 8:44 PM
J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
Hi All,

I am a general member of a message board powered by your software (version 7.2.2, I believe). Lately I've been having problems posting messages.

I created a single thread and every so often I create a new reply to this existing thread. Within the last few months, I've been having a lot of problems posting my replies. When I try to preview my posts, it waits a long time and returns and blank preview. When I try to submit, the page eventually returns a Page Load Error error message.

I usually compose my posts in Notepad and enter them into the reply window to allow me to add graphics. Sometimes I save what I have as a text file and repeat the process until I'm done. I've been using this method for the last couple of years and I've had no problem. Within the last four months, I've been getting errors.

Can anyone offer me any helpful advice?

Aloha,

J

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
Hard to say really, is anyone else reporting the same problem? Does it do the same for any size reply, short, long, etc?

J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
Hi Rick,

I do have a problem with the longer posts and I do insert many gifs into my posts. I never had a problem before, but now I do. Is it possible there is a limit on the number of gifs that can be entered into a post? My posts usually have between 70 to 80 gifs.

My text file sizes are small, so it can't be that but with the gifs the file may get large.

Thanks for your help!

Aloha,

J

R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
It *could* be that the larger posts are timing out when being added, but it's hard to say for sure. What you probably need to do is contact the forum admin and see if they have any info in the error logs about the time you are making the posts. Since it's returning a blank preview and a page load error, we don't really have anything to go off of directly.

journeyman
journeyman
As a forum owner, I limit the number of image files allowed in a post, that includes gif, jpg, png files.

J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
Hi Rick and Wisc.Tiger,

I'll trim the number of anigifs and see if that helps!
Thank you both for all your help!

Aloha,

J

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 396 guests, and 110 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29