Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
Okay, this is beyond frustrating. We've had a couple of issues yesterday and today with our Islands essentially "taking over" the screen, bumping everything out of alignment, with our left-side islands all clustered at the top of the screen, the right side islands in the correct spot at right, and the "threads" at the FAR bottom of the screen.

So, I looked on here and found the tip about clearing the Site Cache from the control panel (the browser cache is already clear.) Here's the BIG kicker - when I went back to the site to log in as my Administrator login, there is NO login screen.

Now ALL of the islands are aligned top to bottom, but there is NO window in which to type a user ID and Password. It's literally impossible to log in now.

What to do? Any suggestions? Thanks.

enthusiast
enthusiast
can you access the CP with this address http://www.yourdomain.com/ubbthreads/admin/index.php It should ask you to login if you are not already.

Ian
http://www.firstgenmc.com/ubbthreads

"Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwords."
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
I'd also check to make sure your templates/compile directory is fully writable. Delete everything inside that directory except for the index.html file.

J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
Okay, login screen actually came back about 8:00 last night, cleared the cache, and the site looked fine for the rest of the evening. But, now today it's doing the wacky formatting thing. The login screen is still there, thankfully, but the islands are still clustered at the top with the threads at the far bottom.

Rick, could making sure the templates directory is cleared out (except for index.html) help the formatting issue, or was that just a suggestion for the AWOL login screen?

J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
Okay, I THINK I've tracked down the issue. It was actually a problem with the RSS feed running in one of our left-side islands. I turned off all the feeds, and as I turned them on one at a time, this particular one threw off the screen formatting each time it was turned on.

So, it looks like a problem with the feed from the destination site, rather than a problem with our site coding.

Thanks, guys! I'll follow up here if the problem recurs and my guess proves to be wrong. :-)

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (ahmed047), 624 guests, and 172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29