If you're like me, you may have run into a problem with your users profiles loading very slowly on UBB.Threads 7.5.6, maybe other versions as well. After some poking around in scripts/showprofile.inc.php, I found where the problem is. Sirdude and I worked together on a fix, and here is what we came up with.

The interesting part of the code is here: (Line 396)
PHP Code
$stockPicture = "{$config['FULL_URL']}/images/{$style_array['general']}/nopicture.gif";
$imagehw = getimagesize($stockPicture);
$stockWidth = $imagehw[0];
$stockHeight = $imagehw[1]; 
There seems to be something with the getimagesize() PHP function that makes it take a long time. Yes, waiting 15 seconds for a page to load is considered a long time these days.

A workaround would be to replace the above code with this:
PHP Code
$imagehw = getimagesize("{$config['FULL_PATH']}/images/{$style_array['general']}/nopicture.gif");
$stockWidth = $imagehw[0];
$stockHeight = $imagehw[1];
$stockPicture = "{$config['FULL_URL']}/images/{$style_array['general']}/nopicture.gif"; 
You'll see that we simply made getimagesize() use the FULL_PATH variable instead of FULL_URL. According to php.net, there is nothing wrong with using a URL in that particular function, and without the code to see what it is actually doing, our troubleshooting stops here. I suppose it's possible that the problem is isolated to the particular server this is running on, but the problem did persist across several UBB.Threads 7.5.6 installs. This took care of it on all of them.

Sirdude took this fix, and said that it will be patched in UBB.Threads 7.6. If you have anything to add on this, feel free to discuss.