Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
stranger
stranger
I have some questions before buying UBB. Honestly, there are some things that make me hesitate to buy UBB, but for clarity I had better ask directly :

1. How the future of UBB? Can you guarantee UBB will continue to live? I see there is change in management, and I'm afraid I'm too late if I just bought UBB now.

2. When UBB 8.0 release? in some places I read a comment that is not good. They say "8.0 drama".

3. I'm from Indonesia. I do not have a credit card, only have a debit card. Can I buy using a debit card? or can I purchase, by sending money directly through Western Union?

Sorry for my bad English, Thanks smile

journeyman
journeyman
1. Currently SirDude is working on UBB as a developer and there no plans to kill UBB so I would expect UBB to live on for quite a long time.

2. 8.0 requires some more testing before and building before it is ready for the public. I can say that 8.0 is still coming out.

3. I'm not too sure about debit card, I will let a higher moderator answer this one.

No problem on your english, understood what you were asking very easy.

Love to hate, hate to love.
Cowards taste of death many times, heroes taste of death but once. ~William Shakespeare
stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Steve M
1. Currently SirDude is working on UBB as a developer and there no plans to kill UBB so I would expect UBB to live on for quite a long time.

2. 8.0 requires some more testing before and building before it is ready for the public. I can say that 8.0 is still coming out.

3. I'm not too sure about debit card, I will let a higher moderator answer this one.

After several hours, finally someone answered. Although not the staff of the UBB, but thank you.

1. Is Rick Baker is no longer a developer?

2. Glad to hear that. Hopefully not too long anymore.

3. I really want to know, if I could buy UBB without using a credit card. Hopefully the staff read this thread.

Some forum softwares may be worse after being purchased by another company. Hopefully this does not happen on the UBB.

Thanks.

Last edited by Alzea; 08/16/2011 12:28 PM.
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Well, this is a User to User support forum, none of us are "staff". If you'd like to communicate with the owner directly there is a phone number on the main page of the site, or you could fill out a helpdesk ticket...

As for Rick, I know he moved, but I'm not sure if he'll be developing code for the UBB in the future; it is his baby though so I wouldn't be surprised.

There will be several interim releases while v8 is being developed; v7.6 should be out shortly.

As for debit, I'm pretty sure it'd have to have a Visa/Mastercard logo (so it'd act as a creditcard) otherwise you can mail in your payment as listed on the order page.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Alzea
Originally Posted by Steve M

After several hours, finally someone answered. Although not the staff of the UBB, but thank you.

1. Is Rick Baker is no longer a developer?

2. Glad to hear that. Hopefully not too long anymore.

3. I really want to know, if I could buy UBB without using a credit card. Hopefully the staff read this thread.

Some forum softwares may be worse after being purchased by another company. Hopefully this does not happen on the UBB.

Thanks.

Sorry about the wait, I try to keep an eye on threads here asking questions so I can try to help.

At least now you have Gizmo's answers. Good luck with your purchase.

Cowards taste of death many times, heroes taste of death but once. ~William Shakespeare
enthusiast
enthusiast
I used a debit card... with the Visa logo of course. cool

Ford diesel master technician by day...
Webmaster by night! cool
FordDoctorsDTS.com running UBB Threads 7.5.4.2p2
stranger
stranger
Hi,

Thanks all, for your explanations. I have contacted staff via tickets and got a very good answer. Hopefully UBB can continue to grow and become better and better. smile

Thank you very much.

journeyman
journeyman
Your welcome, hope you get a UBB license.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Nightcrawler, Ruben), 694 guests, and 214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29