Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#245155 08/23/2011 12:22 PM
Q
stranger
stranger
Q Offline
I am not a coder so all this is driving me nuts. I saw a thread someone else had posted something similar and I cant find it now.

Question.

1. Is there a way to build a website page and wrap it around the forum? That way I can update ads and picture quickly and effectivly.

enthusiast
enthusiast
One way to do it (the way I chose to anyway) is to create your website as a PHP site. All of my pages use a php includes for headers and footers and even a right column. I have a single header file and a single footer file that is loaded in all pages. To make my forums "fit" into my website I simply copy my header and footer code into the UBB header/footer inserts in the control panel. The fun part is is modifying your UBB style to match the look of the rest of the site.

I am not a coder either but if you look at the files it's not too hard to figure out how things work. Feel free to look at my site in my signature. Though you wont be able to log in to my forums. It all depends on the complexity of the layout of your site's pages and your forums. I turned off the sidebars to streamline my design.

I looked at your website and it appears to only be a forum at this time. Are you looking to deveolp a website around your forum?

Ford diesel master technician by day...
Webmaster by night! cool
FordDoctorsDTS.com running UBB Threads 7.5.4.2p2
Q
stranger
stranger
Q Offline
so when I click forums and at the top where you have ford doctor logo and the vista print ad that is your website wrapped around the forum?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Yes.

Ford diesel master technician by day...
Webmaster by night! cool
FordDoctorsDTS.com running UBB Threads 7.5.4.2p2
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Build your website, put the coding that goes to the content area in the header includes section of the CP and the content after that area in the footer includes.

Example at The EveryDay Helper

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Havenofsobriety, rootman), 624 guests, and 106 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29