Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#2449 08/09/2006 12:20 AM
J
J Offline
For some reason, my shoutbox is showing up blank. You can post to it, and it will then load everything that's already been said. But as soon as you move to another page or reload, it's back to blank again. So the only way to see what's been said is to say something yourself. Kinda inconvenient.

I dunno if it's a problem with the AJAX and/or onLoad, or the fact that I'm technically using it not in the portal but externally, or something else entirely. Just to be clear, it did this while it was in the standard portal layout too... and I say "externally" because I'm including it through the overall UBB headers, even though it is on the UBB page. The only thing I've modified is taking out the headline row from each of the portal boxes and forcing them to background-color:transparent so they look better in the sidebar. Other than that, it's all stock.

As before, the url is http://se7enet.com/forumsbeta

Anyone else had this issue? Ideas? Something I'm not doing right? Thanks in advance. smile

---Jamin

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
R
Former Developer
Former Developer
R Offline
It looks like you're missing a key piece that the footer normally sends. If you look in the source here, just about the very bottom you'll see this:

<script type="text/javascript">getShouts(0);</script>

So, basically after the entire page has been rendered then it grabs the shouts (it has to do this at the bottom so it knows how far it needs to scroll the shoutbox). Looking at the source of your html I don't see that, which would be why the shouts aren't being displayed wink

J
J Offline
That was it. Thanks much! smile

---Jamin

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 522 guests, and 99 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29