Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by Bill B
I think that it's called "customer relations".
agreed, imo someone (the owner, or a representative) needs to make constant updates on where thigns stand, it's good business to keep customers happy... A lot of people have jumped ship and I see that as a huge problem.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
good point -- now that i am back into 'normal' coding mode again, i owe you a status report..

i'll try to get it going by the weekend...

i lost a lot of time with the security patching and the many forums that needed security audits / hardening..

my bad smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
My BIGGEST FEAR is that I've waited almost two years for an update which SHOULD add FEATURES and easier ADMINISTRATION to the product - and what we're going to see is a bunch of linky-winky association with Social Media cra... er.. stuff.

I can tell you for a fact that my 10,000 users DON'T give a rip about Facebook -- and don't want any more intrusion into their privacy by linking OUR UBB FORUM to their other accounts.

So, as the void gets darker waiting for this delivery, my pessimism grows... Sorry, but it's probably worth you understanding our concern that the "new" feature-set may not meet the needs of THIS group of users.... :-(

Of course this feeling is largely based upon the "limited" info that we've seen about what changes were actually included in this version.

Note: The lack of information always stimulates people to assume the worst possible outcome.

--BIll B
M
mig Offline
M Offline
I think you might be pleased to see some amazing progress is being made on the development front. (This is actually a rather old thread now.)

Features + Fixes

Not a linky-winky to social media associated focus but some useful tangible progress.

Kudos to SirDude!

S
S Offline
What does the release date look like?

It has a day a month and a year in it!

laugh

D
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
D Offline
Where's the "like" button?

S
S Offline
Well I wrote this thread when things were under different management. Rick is/was great but I think he was biting off more than he could chew. I appreciate all of the hard work by all and I'm glad the team is progressing to bring together a great product. So far it has gone beyond my expectations. You might as well call it version 8! I can't wait to upgrade when its available hopefully soon!!!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 396 guests, and 110 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29