Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
T Offline
We've long had this problem of our header alignment appearing differently to different members. It has a different appearance when viewed with a different internet browser.

The header's picture and logo might appear perfectly aligned to one person using Mozilla Firefox. But then it might be way out of alignment to someone using MS Internet Explorer OR Google Chrome. One might see our header as very nice while another might see our header as completely out of wack, misaligned and very unprofessional looking.

Any advice on this issue? Is there a fix available on the UBB forum software side? Or can someone direct me to some outside source of info where this issue is addressed?

Thanks in advance.

And also thanks for all the help in the past -- huge help. Again, our forum's owner gave me big credit for implementing the advice that i got from here.

Welcome the the world of different browsers and the issues they have.

Even within one browser different versions have different problems depending on what tags you are using.

All I can say is to grab your header html stick in in your editor and test it with different browsers.
Some html editors even have a test mode with suggestions for different browsers to correct errors.
Or you might end up with multiple headers that read the browser and display the correct one.

But I don't think you will ever get one to work on all the browsers out there.

I would target on the most common ones used at your site.

Also a link to your page may help some to be able to make suggestions.

Last edited by Ruben; 02/26/2012 3:06 PM. Reason: Added Comment

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
SD Offline
Former Developer
Former Developer
with the latest round of browsers ( the big five ), you can get things to look almost identical.

the key is knowing your css rules and gracefully degrading based upon older versions.

also, unless you have a fixed width, they will never look the same, unless you take that into account with your positioning.

i'd say you should have no problems with any browser except ie6 and ie7 to a small extent smile

T
T Offline
Well thanks guys. Greatly appreciate the help, as always.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 802 guests, and 202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29