Print Thread
Hop To
#249741 07/22/2012 9:36 PM
B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B Offline
OK friends,

Yes, it is quite obvious now that my user board is quite strange. I guess that is what happens when you put 300 doctors on the same website. I asked earlier about the same IP addresses for two accounts. Now, I have another question if only for interest, given a few of us disgree at our board.

People post pictures. They post them on Facebook. They post them on their own sites. They post them on commercial photo sites like Photobucket. And, yes, obviously when they do, they post them with the understanding that people will see them. In fact, that would be the main reason. But, how would this go over.

Say a user on this board has a site and has posted some pictures of himself or whomever.

If I come along and post a comment in one of his threads and for whatever reason I copy a couple of his pictures and embed them in my post and say, "By the way, nice pictures," would that be cool or would it be a bit over the top?

My take on it is while the pictures may be fair game, a user should have an expectation that another user wouldn't post a picture of them or a friend without their consent.

In this particular case, the person posted them on Friday, and I being the only admin that watches the board, was unable to read the PM the person sent me asking if I would take the pictures off the board until Sunday night. The issue was the pictures were of his staff on the practice website where they figured patients would view them. Some thought he had posted them on the board.

I know, it's weird. It's basically one person who is causing all these issues.

UBB version 7.5.8
php version 5.4.22
MySQL version 5.5.36-cll
Well for most all people that post on the internet, that is free game. Caveat emptor.
There are tools such as hotlink protection that would prohibit posting a link to a file or photo at another site.
But that would be on the original posters responsibility.
As a responsible person I would just do as requested and delete the posting.

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
3 members (rootman, Gizmo, Nightcrawler), 562 guests, and 186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29