Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Addict
Addict
Well after having good success on my lisashea forum I thought it would be fairly straightforward to upgrade my main bellaonline forums.

Nope!

I admit I had a glitch while I was doing this. I backed up my database. Then I upgraded to 7.5.7. That went fine.

Then I upgraded MySQL - and forgot that it was going to need data restored into it. So I restored the database file into it - and that was of course a 7.5.6 database file.

So since I now had MySQL upgraded and a 7.5.6 database file, I moved my backup of my 7.5.6 web files back live to match. So everything should have been perfectly aligned in 7.5.6 with a fresh updated copy of MySQL.

However I am getting this error -

Fatal error: Call to a member function error() on a non-object in E:\forums\libs\mysql.inc.php on line 77
PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function error() on a non-object in E:\forums\libs\mysql.inc.php on line 77

I tried upgrading PHP to the latest version just in case it was a PHP issue with my old PHP. So now I've got the latest version of PHP on there and PHPMyAdmin is running fine. So PHP is working. PHPMyAdmin can see the database table fine. So that end is working too.

It's just the forums that are choking. My entire main forum is now down.

Help!

Lisa Shea, owner, BellaOnline.com
BellaOnline Website
BellaOnline Forums - UBB since Apr 2002 - 58,000 members / 850,000 posts
Addict
Addict
By the way line 77 reads:

if (defined('IS_ADMIN')) {
$admin->error( $errstr );

it's the second of the two lines.

BellaOnline Website
Addict
Addict
OK I finally figured it out. I had changed the root password when I did this upgrade. I had to manually edit the includes/config.inc.php to have that new password and it was set.

I might recommend a better error for that issue going forward.

I am now:
now on PHP 5.4.9
Now on MySQL 5.5.28
Now on UBB 7.5.7

and it seems to be working fine.

Now to install FastCGI.

BellaOnline Website
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E Offline
I'm having the same error:
Fatal error: Call to a member function error() on null in /home/MY_USER/public_html/forum/libs/mysql.inc.php on line 77
when I'm trying to do patchs on my forum.

I'm current running 7.4.2p2
On my "Members Area" I can download Patchs to:
12-ubbthreads-7-5-6p2 -11-ubbthreads-7-5-5p2 - ... all do way to 05-ubbthreads-7-4-2p2 . zip

So, I'm assuming it's not a license issue.
But once I update to 7.5p2, I got that error.
I try updating all the way up to 7.5.6p2, but same error.

The error line is the same: if (defined('IS_ADMIN')) {
$admin->error( $errstr );

Any other ideas?
Tks.

E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E Offline
Just to add more information:
The error is on
Script: /home/MY_USER/public_html/forum/libs/user.inc.php
Line#: 467
SQL Error: Unknown column 't2.USER_GROUP_IMAGES' in 'field list'
SQL Error #: 1054
Query: SELECT t2.USER_TIME_OFFSET,t2.USER_TOPIC_VIEW_TYPE,t2.USER_TIME_FORMAT, t1.USER_ID, t1.USER_DISPLAY_NAME, t1.USER_PASSWORD, t1.USER_SESSION_ID, t1.USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL, t1.USER_IS_BANNED,t1.USER_RULES_ACCEPTED, t1.USER_IS_UNDERAGE, t2.USER_TOTAL_PM, t2.USER_STYLE, t2.USER_HIDE_LEFT_COLUMN,t2.USER_HIDE_RIGHT_COLUMN, t2.USER_LANGUAGE, t2.USER_MOOD, t2.USER_RELATIVE_TIME, t2.USER_TIME_OFFSET,t2.USER_SHOW_ALL_GRAEMLINS, t2.USER_AVATAR, t2.USER_TITLE, t2.USER_CUSTOM_TITLE, t2.USER_NAME_COLOR, t2.USER_SHOW_LEFT_MYSTUFF,t2.USER_GROUP_IMAGES,t2.USER_TIME_FORMAT FROM ub_USERS as t1, ub_USER_PROFILE as t2 WHERE t1.USER_ID = 3 AND t1.USER_ID = t2.USER_ID

Looks like there is a new column on one table...
I have no idea how to apply that patch them. Any help?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
@ehm1 I believe that if you are coming from UBB.threads 7.4.2p2, you should just be able to update directly to UBB.threads 7.5.9 using the installer/upgrader script.

I'm looking at the upgrader files, and they will allow upgrades from 7.0.0 all the way up to the current 7.5.9 version. You happen to be in between those with your stated version of 7.4.x.

I don't quite understand your post --
Are you manually attempting to upgrade your database and files?
or... Are you using the upgrade script that comes with UBB.threads 7.5.9?
or... Are you installing one version of UBB.threads after another, attempting to ascend through each version until you reach the current 7.5.9 version?

So I can better understand whats happening --
1) What version of UBB.threads were you running before you started having problems?
2) What version of UBB.threads are you attempting to upgrade to?
3) How are you attempting to upgrade from #1 to #2 ?

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E Offline
id242. Thank you for taking on my issue. And I'm sorry. I should had be more exactly on my issue. There it goes:

I'm using version 7.4.2p2
Decided to update due to an error on UBB Backup that is giving me an error.
When I went to the "Members Area" page at UBBCentral, I saw what is on this picture I'm attaching.
Seeing those "Patch" lines on the right, I assumed that if I just 'upload' the content of each .ZIP file, in order, I would be on version 7.5.6p2 at the and of the process.

So I download and unzip all,
Upload the first one: 7-5p2
And got the error.
Script: /home/imigcom/public_html/forum/libs/user.inc.php
Line#: 467
SQL Error: Unknown column 't2.USER_GROUP_IMAGES' in 'field list'
SQL Error #: 1054
Query: SELECT t2.USER_TIME_OFFSET,t2.USER_TOPIC_VIEW_TYPE,t2.USER_TIME_FORMAT, t1.USER_ID, t1.USER_DISPLAY_NAME, t1.USER_PASSWORD, t1.USER_SESSION_ID, t1.USER_MEMBERSHIP_LEVEL, t1.USER_IS_BANNED,t1.USER_RULES_ACCEPTED, t1.USER_IS_UNDERAGE, t2.USER_TOTAL_PM, t2.USER_STYLE, t2.USER_HIDE_LEFT_COLUMN,t2.USER_HIDE_RIGHT_COLUMN, t2.USER_LANGUAGE, t2.USER_MOOD, t2.USER_RELATIVE_TIME, t2.USER_TIME_OFFSET,t2.USER_SHOW_ALL_GRAEMLINS, t2.USER_AVATAR, t2.USER_TITLE, t2.USER_CUSTOM_TITLE, t2.USER_NAME_COLOR, t2.USER_SHOW_LEFT_MYSTUFF,t2.USER_GROUP_IMAGES,t2.USER_TIME_FORMAT FROM ub_USERS as t1, ub_USER_PROFILE as t2 WHERE t1.USER_ID = 3 AND t1.USER_ID = t2.USER_ID

Then I upload the content of .ZIP 7-4-2p2 and all is back to normal.

I'm using PHP Version 5.6.27
MySQL version 5.5.51-38.2

Just to be sure, I 'downgrade' it using the .ZIP 7-4-1p2 and the forum worked fine, at that version. I then upgrade again to 7-4-2p2, and all still fine.
All the upgrades where just doing FTP Upload of the files inside the .ZIP

Maybe there is some 'install' procedure?

Thank you
Attachments
ubbTreads.jpg

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
You should always attempt to install the latest version; there's no reason to go through each upgrade package, unless you're coming from pre-7.3, but the latest upgrade package should even work there.

The patch files where posted for users who, for whatever reason, needed to upgrade to fix a security hole which do not have access to the full (latest) code and are simply patched files for the security patch (and are not a full release). If you are running 7.4.1 your patch would be the 7.4.1p2 file.

The upgrade instructions are on the wiki at Upgrade Guide, these are the recommended upgrade instructions, deviating from them may result in your forums not working.

If you are not comfortable with preforming an upgrade, there are several of us who offer such services.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
E
enthusiast
enthusiast
E Offline
Just to close this subject:
I bought the update and did it as it should be.
All (almost all. the charset is a mess now, on my Portuguese forum) is working fine and no problems.
I will try the backup option as soon the database rebuilt finishes

THank you Gizmo and id242

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by ehm1
All (almost all. the charset is a mess now, on my Portuguese forum) is working fine and no problems.

Since UBB.threads 7.5.9, the default character set has been updated to use the standard UTF-8. Since you've upgraded from an extremely old version of UBB.threads, you may have been using iso-8859-1 character set. This normally has little effect on English speaking forums, but since your forums are primarily Portuguese, you'd be better to switch the character set back to "iso-8859-1" -- I believe this is what you were previously using (?)

The correction is easy to perform.
1. Go to: Control Panel » Languages
2. Click on the "Language Editor" tab.
3. In the "Search String" field, type "UTF-8" and press "Go" button.
4. There may be one or two items that are shown. "myfeeds.php" and/or "generic.php" -- Click "Edit" next to "generic.php"
5. At the very top, you will see "CHARSET" highlighted in RED. Replace "UTF-8" with "ISO-8859-1" -- !!do not add any spaces or line-feed before/after this text!!
6. Scroll to the bottom and click on the "Update Language File" button. It does not matter which of the two buttons you click on, they both do the same thing.
Done.

OR -- If you would rather edit the language file directly:
IN /languages/english/generic,php
FIND:

$ubbt_lang['CHARSET'] = "UTF-8";

REPLACE WITH:
$ubbt_lang['CHARSET'] = "iso-8859-1";

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 744 guests, and 147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29