Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Its a direct copy and paste so no formatting has come over.

Would this change or impact effect the current paypal and forum subscription payments ?

Dear Mark ,In a bulletin dated  the 18th of October, 2011, we announced that we were going to expand the number of IP addresses for www.paypal.com to improve our site’s performance, scalability and availability. As part of this transition, we planned to discontinue support for HTTP 1.0 protocol starting the 7th of October, 2013.We have recently identified that this change may impact the ability of some of our merchants to perform IPN (Instant Payment Notification) post-back validation or PDT (Payment Data Transfer) posts to www.paypal.com and ipnpb.paypal.com. This happens when the IPN or PDT scripts use HTTP 1.0 protocol and do not include the “Host: www.paypal.com” or “Host: ipnpb.paypal.com” header in the HTTP request.Additional DetailsStarting the 7th of October, 2013, we will require all incoming requests to have a “Host” header which complies with HTTP 1.1 Specifications. This header was not required under HTTP 1.0. IPN and PDT scripts using HTTP 1.0 may start failing with “HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request” errors after the 7th of October, 2013, which will result in IPN messages not being validated successfully, or PDT scripts not being able to retrieve transaction information.Action Required before the 7th of October, 2013Merchants need to update their IPN and/or PDT scripts to use HTTP 1.1, and include the “Host” and “Connection: close” HTTP header in the IPN postback script.Example with Host as www.paypal.com (please make necessary changes if you are using ipnpb.paypal.com):ASP //Set values for the request back req.Method="POST"; req.Host="'www.paypal.com'"; req.ContentType="application/x-www-form-urlencoded";Perl $req=HTTP::Request->new('POST', 'https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr');$req->content_type('application/x-www-form-urlencoded');$req->header(Host=> 'www.paypal.com');$req->header(Connection=> 'close');PHP // post back to PayPal system to validate$header="POST /cgi-bin/webscr HTTP/1.1\r\n";$header .="Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded\r\n";$header .="Host: www.paypal.com\r\n"; $header .="Connection: close\r\n\r\n";Java HttpsURLConnection  uc=(HttpsURLConnection) u.openConnection();uc.setDoOutput(true);uc.setRequestProperty("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded");uc.setRequestProperty("Host", "www.paypal.com");uc.setRequestProperty("Connection", "Close");The PayPal Sandbox has been configured to reject any HTTP requests without the “Host” header with HTTP 400 error. Merchants can use the Sandbox environment to certify the changes to their IPN and PDT scripts.For more information on PDT and IPN, please refer to http://www.paypal.com/pdt and http://www.paypal.com/ipn. For additional information or questions about this change, please contact PayPal's Merchant Technical Support team via https://www.paypal.com/mts.Sincerely,PayPal

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Shouldn't affect you, the UBB posts to www.paypal.com so it should "just continue to work"...

You can validate this in scripts\paypal_ipn.inc.php around lines 177:
Code
	$fp = fsockopen ('www.paypal.com', 80, $errno, $errstr, 30);

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
Cheers.

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (DennyP, 1 invisible), 969 guests, and 171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29