Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
W
stranger
stranger
W Offline
There used to be a link to view all posts within a thread on the same page. Where is this setting in the back-end?

Since the upgrade, there is no more link offering users the option to view all of the posts within a topic.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
To my knowledge, in UBBT7, the only location in which "all" was shown, was on the postlist page, per post. It was never displayed in showflat's pagenation.

In showflat, there is just "<" and ">" - of which, can be customized in your language file.

The SITE DEFAULT setting can be adjusted at:
Control Panel > Display Options > Topic Display Options > Default Replies Per Page:
( gen_display.php )

The USER DEFINED setting can be adjusted at:
My Stuff > Edit Preferences > Total posts to show on one page when viewing a post in flat mode:
( forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=editdisplay )

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
W
stranger
stranger
W Offline
hmm ok it must be gone then. back in the 6.x.x version there was on option for user to click 'all' and then the page would reload and show all the posts in that thread, no matter how many pages.

Thanks for your detailed respone id242 smile

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I believe this feature was added back in 7.5.8 Refresh; I'm not sure when it was removed prior to that however.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
There is an "all.gif" in showflat, but it's titled as "Index" (alt="View All Topics") located at the bottom between "Previous Topic" and "Next Topic."

The image does not display on the UBBCentral default style, blue-orange, but it displays on the other styles.

But, to get back on topic, this has nothing to do with the "display all replies" pagenation toggle you're referring to smile

W
stranger
stranger
W Offline
Originally Posted by Gizmo
I believe this feature was added back in 7.5.8 Refresh; I'm not sure when it was removed prior to that however.

Thanks. If it was added back in, can you tell me where the feature is located?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Giz, I did a DIFF between 7.5.8 (most recent version) and 7.5.7, and there is no pagination related changes to its showflat templates or scripts.

Also, if it was added in 7.5.8 (most recent version), then wouldn't it also be available on this forum, their "demo site" ???

For example: www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/244911

The WORKING direct link to an "display all replies" would be: www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/244911/all
...but it is not located on 7.5.8 (most recent version) showflat template or script pages.

EDIT: I smell an excellent opportunity for Giz to toss together a quick mod and link to it at the https://www.ubbdev.com cool

Last edited by id242; 02/05/2014 12:25 AM.

W
stranger
stranger
W Offline
Thanks for the followup id242. I looked for the link on this forum as well and did not see it but I had assumed it was just turned off. Thanks for confirming.

Is there a reason they took this feature out? Was really helpful for some of our board members when they were looking for specific information in a particularly long thread.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by id242
Giz, I did a DIFF between 7.5.8 (most recent version) and 7.5.7, and there is no pagination related changes to its showflat templates or scripts.
Ultimately all I'd do, lol.

Also, if it was added in 7.5.8 (most recent version), then wouldn't it also be available on this forum, their "demo site" ???
Generally, yes; when I talked to SD before the Refresh was released I could have sworn he said it was added back in.

EDIT: I smell an excellent opportunity for Giz to toss together a quick mod and link to it at the https://www.ubbdev.com cool
'eh sooner or later, when my son stops puking I may check out an older revision and see how difficult it'd be to merge code back in for the "show all posts" feature.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
I think I found it.
It is in mystuff>preferences.

Total posts to show on one page when viewing a post in flat mode: (default is xx)

But it appears to be hard coded for a max of 99 posts

Last edited by Ruben; 02/05/2014 6:29 PM. Reason: Added Comment

Blue Man Group
There is no such thing as stupid questions. Just stupid answers
W
stranger
stranger
W Offline
Thanks for the responses guys.

It's too bad this was removed in the newer version of the software. It's really helpful for long threads when you're trying to find a specific bit of text.

If our URL's look like this:
http://[ourdomain]/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2178001&page=3

Is it possible to change the URL to see all of the replies in a post, as id242 suggested?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by WtrWrks
Is it possible to change the URL to see all of the replies in a post, as id242 suggested?

It's not difficult to create. Simply add a condition to the template that says; if UBBT displays the page-jumper, also display a link to the first post/topic page URL with "/all" attached to the end of that URL.

For websites still hosted on single-core servers stuck in the 90s -- You could make that button only visible to registered users of a certain level, so as not to be left open to abuse.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Bots
by Outdoorking - 04/13/2024 5:08 PM
Can you add html to language files?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:41 PM
Do I need to rebuild my database?
by Baldeagle - 04/07/2024 2:58 AM
This is not a bug, but a suggestion
by Baldeagle - 04/05/2024 11:25 PM
Is UBB.threads still going?
by Aaron101 - 04/01/2022 8:18 AM
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 920 guests, and 238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29