Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#257157 08/20/2015 1:32 PM
Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way to change the overall font and font size for the entire forum. In essence if I wanted all posts to be in Arial Black and Font Size 14 is that possible.

As people get older the font size such as this gets harder to read especially without glasses. A user asked me about this and I thought it was a good idea.

Mind you, if you tell me I have to edit code/script or something like that, I won't have a clue as to what you are saying nor know how to do it.

If it is as easy as changing a setting in the CP, I can do it. I did look for it but all I could find was for allowed sizes.

On that thought, I was thinking, perhaps I just could remove the smaller font sizes and it would achieve what I want. However I would rather hear from the experts and gurus before changing anything.

Can you advise what the default font size?

Thank You for your answers in advance.

FREAK
Freaksforum.com

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
There are two ways of doing this.

OPTION 1 - USER SIDE:
The user can choose per website, to increase or decrease the website ZOOM LEVEL by going in to their browser's menu and click on the [-] or [+] which are are on either side of the "100%" shown. This will SHRINK or ZOOM the website they are currently connected to. This is the most commonly accepted way of changing the website size today.

CHROME: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/96810?hl=en
FIREFOX: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/font-size-and-zoom-increase-size-of-web-pages
INTERNET EXPLORER: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/zoom-webpage#1TC=windows-7

or
OPTION 2 - SERVER SIDE:
Control Panel > Styles > [SELECT YOUR STYLE] > EDIT
Find the font items you want to increase the size of for everybody on your site. Increase their "font-size:" numbers from "12px;" to "14px;" or by a factor of 2 or 3. Whatever you feel comfortable with. You must do this to all elements that you want to change the font size to. This may take a bit of trial and error to find exactly the combination that looks good and works well on your website design. The two main items you would be looking for, are "body" in General, and "post_inner" in Post Properties.

OPTION 1 - USER SIDE is the preferred method.

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
Thanks for the reply.

I am sorry if I didn't explain what I want to do.

I want to change the current font size for posts only.

I am not sure what font size I am typing in now, but I would like it to appear bigger when people post. This way it is easier to read for everyone without the need to use the coding feature to make the font larger.

I hope that clarifies.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Originally Posted by FREAK
I want to change the current font size for posts only.

Originally Posted by id242
OPTION 2 - SERVER SIDE:
Control Panel > Styles > [SELECT YOUR STYLE] > EDIT
Find the font items you want to increase the size of for everybody on your site. Increase their "font-size:" numbers from "12px;" to "14px;" or by a factor of 2 or 3. Whatever you feel comfortable with. [...] "post_inner" in Post Properties.

"post_inner" - would be for the post content.
"form-input" - would be for the box which the user types in to.

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 744 guests, and 147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29