Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#258345 05/01/2016 11:54 AM
old hand
old hand
Boy, I have been away from UBB too long. In Images & Icons there is a "News Images" tab that has one image as default (image of a news paper) with option to upload additional images. That part I figured out. However, it says these images are available to assign to a forum. Ok, swell. HOW? When I go to edit a forum, I see a link at the bottom of the page that says "Forum Image" with a link that will let me change it - but those News Icons are not among the icons that are deployed in the popup. So, my question is, how do I assign a News Icon to a forum?

Last edited by Basil; 05/01/2016 11:54 AM.
Veteran
Veteran
Actually you're right, That image should be in the Forum Images tab as there is no way to assign the images in the News Images to a forum.

I can not see a way to use those images in that News Images tab on a Forum. Can you add that image to your Forum Images and then try using it that way?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by JAISP
Actually you're right, That image should be in the Forum Images tab as there is no way to assign the images in the News Images to a forum.

I can not see a way to use those images in that News Images tab on a Forum. Can you add that image to your Forum Images and then try using it that way?

Well, after an hour of futzing around, I figured out how it works. First - you have to have a forum added as Forums to pull news from: in the Portal Settings. THEN - when you add a new topic (or edit existing topic) to that forum, you will now have an option in the editor to "Add a News Icon". That lets you select from those News Icons. However, it doesn't put it in front of the forum like a forum icon. What it does it puts the icon at the beginning of the article that the PORTAL pulls from that forum. (See Screen Shot that I "think" I attached to this reply.)

Attachments
potal_sample.jpg

Veteran
Veteran
Aww ok, I never used the portal but rather just went right to the forums, see I learned something today lol.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
:snicker: Just as I'm about to type that the forum has to be set as a news forum to see the news images; I look down and see you figured it out, lol.

But yes, as you've observed it is not a forum icon, it's ultimately just an icon for the portal page; an option that, if the system was created today, probably wouldn't be there.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Gizmo
:snicker: Just as I'm about to type that the forum has to be set as a news forum to see the news images; I look down and see you figured it out, lol.

But yes, as you've observed it is not a forum icon, it's ultimately just an icon for the portal page; an option that, if the system was created today, probably wouldn't be there.

I kinda like it, now that I know how to use it blush

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Havenofsobriety), 458 guests, and 91 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29