Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#259818 03/16/2017 12:18 PM
J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
I'm having a lot of problems with my server after updating to 7.6. If I login with the "keep me logged in" option enabled, it immediately goes back to saying I'm not logged in. If I have that option off, it lets me log in, but if I then click on the control panel link it says "You must have the proper permission to access this area." and then takes me back to the main page with me still logged in. Occasionally, for some reason, I can actually log in and get to the control panel, but I haven't spotted the pattern to it working, but it's like one in a hundred.

In addition, both I and my users have been getting the following error when trying to post anything:

"The host from which you are accessing the board is not recognized as a valid host. This is more than likely related to a firewall issue that is blocking the referer variable. Check your firewall settings and try again."

7.5.x was working fine, and I don't think anything else has changed at my end. I'm not aware of any firewall that could be causing this problem for everybody. I'm using the latest Safari on macOS and iOS, happens on both.

Forum is at http://tla.systems/ubbthreads/

Any help appreciated!

J
stranger
stranger
J Offline
I've seen the references on this forum to the HTTP referrer check option - I've never changed this setting, but I currently can't get to the Control Panel, so I don't know what it's set to or whether switching it off helps.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Forum Privacy Policy
by ECNet - 02/26/2024 11:58 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Geoff, domspeak), 353 guests, and 190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29