Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
Journeyman
Journeyman
G Offline
I am not sure how it is suppose to function as I have always had to manually activate the subscription. Is the Paypall Subscription process suppose to auto update once the payment is made to our PayPall account? What am I doing wrong if it is not auto updating?
Attachments
53A9AB2D-E851-4F0C-A61E-E0F3E145852B.jpeg A93C448D-7A0B-4C80-89EF-C3E59A148949.jpeg

I am a Superstar! Testing signature here
G
Journeyman
Journeyman
G Offline
Also, is the board suppose to set the subscription date end to subscription period in subscriptions group setting? In our case, one year. Did it not because it did not get notification from PayPal payment was made (Payment was successful yesterday the 17th)?

Is it suppose to also auto expire it if not renewed? The manual activations did not auto expire but always assume it was because I had to manually activate as never auto activates.

NOTE: Would be nice to change what happens if the transaction fails to authenticate with PayPal. Right now it deletes after 24hrs. Instead change the Pending to Failed
Attachments
285DF8E0-162B-464E-9D8E-4B81E0037843.png

Last edited by Geoff; 01/18/2018 1:56 PM. Reason: Added NOTE

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
After a user finishes their transaction with Paypal, they should be returned back to your website. If they are not, their subscription status will remain as "Pending." The entire process needs to be complete, for the status to be updated.

UBBT subscription page @ your forum
v v v v
Paypal payment @ paypal dot com
v v v v
UBBT subscription confirmation @ your forum

If the user stops at the second step, or closes the browser window, or sits there and lets the Paypal page time-out, then they have never returned to your forum to send it a "success" update. And your forum still sees the process as "pending."

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
1 member likes this: Morgan
I have had strange outcomes when using a manual setting. This could be when the whole subscription was created manually, maybe because of a cash payment thank you very much.

Strange outcome being it hasn't expired and I've realised a lot later on.. Similar about a year or so.

I think I've updated my language files to inform users to say a faild subscription will sit for 24hrs and that is normal.

New subscriptions seem to work fine and auto renewals.

It does seem to be the manual side that fails now and then.

Im not sure why yours would not convert to active.

BOOM !! Version v7.6.1.1
People who inspire me Isaac ME Gizmo
G
Journeyman
Journeyman
G Offline
UBBT subscription confirmation @ your forum

I have never had one activate on its own. They usually just vanish from the subscription page. What could be the issue?

G
Journeyman
Journeyman
G Offline
Figured it out by subscribing myself. Missing:

scripts/sub_thanks.inc.php

Will need to go look at the install folder, find, and upload the missing file when I get home.
Attachments
C6B6DC8F-A523-4BCB-B7FC-62AEEA40B26B.jpeg

Last edited by Geoff; 01/18/2018 6:10 PM. Reason: Replaced screen shot

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
If you look at the HTML form on the subscription donation page you'll see that the PayPal return URL is ubbthreads.php?ubb=paypal_ipn
Code
<input type="hidden" name="notify_url" value="{$config.FULL_URL}/ubbthreads.php?ubb=paypal_ipn" />

On the reoccurring subscription it has three URLs (sub_thanks.inc.php, sub_cancel.inc.php, paypal_ipn.inc.php):
Code
<input type="hidden" name="return" value="{$config.FULL_URL}/ubbthreads.php?ubb=sub_thanks" />
<input type="hidden" name="cancel" value="{$config.FULL_URL}/ubbthreads.php?ubb=sub_cancel" />
<input type="hidden" name="notify_url" value="{$config.FULL_URL}/ubbthreads.php?ubb=paypal_ipn" />

The paypal_ipn.inc.php script which receives the return status from PayPal, and all of the supplied order details, and updates the database.

IIRC the thanks script simply publishes a notation thanking the user for their order.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
G
Journeyman
Journeyman
G Offline
On the reoccurring subscription it has three URLs (sub_thanks.inc.php, sub_cancel.inc.php, paypal_ipn.inc.php)

Thank you for the details as it explains the process without having to dig into the scripts. I will also look to make sure the other two files are not missing from the script folder. Some how it looks like at least one of them is missing.

G
Journeyman
Journeyman
G Offline
Quick look from my phone, it looks like I am missing two of the three files from the scripts folders. I will look at the 7.6.1 folder on my computer when I get home tonight.
Attachments
2996F3E7-9197-46C8-A27B-03EF98739DD0.png

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Hmm, it would appear that, where I thought this had been fixed previously (in 2012 SD discussing it being fixed in a release, which coudln't have been 7.6 since he wasn't a part of the project, and its recent), it would appear that the sub_thanks.inc.php and sub_cancel.inc.php files still haven't been supplied with a release (when they should have been included with the base PayPal coding added in v7.3 by Rick).

Isaac and I spent some time today with the PayPal API code and testing newer coding for a future release.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
I've spent several hours today (after my day job) writing the necessary code and updating the PayPal API to work as expected. Also added the upgrades for http/1.1 which PayPal will make mandatory come June 2018. In addition, did a few more updates to the subscription pages within the Control Panel to add some expected buttons and behaviors.

Unrelated, I updated much of the missing UBBCentral site secondary files from their 2009 versions, to the current style, and converted a lot of inlined html styling to css. This is keeping in line with the massive "house cleaning" of invalid html that was cleaned up September of last year.

Also working on Gravatars for improved anonymous posting, "sent mail" logging, and admin log filtering.

Giz has been working on code for updating the stored file size data of attached files listed within the database, and a few other related ubbt items.

So it's been quite busy on this side.

Thanks to everyone who has left feedback and upgrade reports. You guys are doing an awesome job!

-isaac

PS, don't feed Gizmo after midnight.

Last edited by isaac; 01/19/2018 8:00 AM. Reason: a few words

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
1 member likes this: Morgan

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
spam issues
by ECNet - 03/19/2024 11:45 PM
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ruben), 476 guests, and 111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29