Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
whk
Journeyman
Journeyman
I see that the profile and user info stuff has migrated off the menu to a drop-down under the user name. This dropdown includes a shoutbox menu item. This forum does not use the shoutbox. Is there an option to remove that from the drop-down, or can you tell me which file loads the drop-down so I may modify it?

Additionally. Playing with the menu after the upgrade on the J/30 Forum I found that when I click on "Forum Help" it opens a blank page. How do I restore the files for the forum help?

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
to disable shoutbox access for your users, disable the permission in the SITE PERMISSION settings.

for forum help, copy the languages/english/faq file from the installer to your forum, of the same file path. it's an upgrader bug which I believe is talked about in the main 7.6.1 discussion post.
https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/260756#Post260756

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com
whk
Journeyman
Journeyman
Thanks Isaac. I changed site permissions to 0 for "can see the shoutbox" and "can use the shoutbox". The shoutbox option still appears on the dropdown, and when it is clicked on, the message"You don't have permission to view Shouts" is displayed. Is there another option I should be setting to remove the Shoutbox from the dropdown menu?

The help was fixed with the uploaded file.

UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
Hmm. I just checked the source, and you're absolutely correct on the menu item still being displayed. This is related to the new "Shout Chat" that was added for 7.6.0, which was a full page view of the "Shout Box" side-bar/portal island. As you've pointed out, the menu item should not be displayed, especially when the user wont have access to the ShoutChat/ShoutBox content anyways.

I've added it to the list of bugs to be fixed for the next version. whk, thank you for reporting this bug thumbsup

---

protip: ShoutChat could be setup in such a way that only the administrator and moderator groups could have access to it, giving them a real time "instant messenger" style of chat.

whk
Journeyman
Journeyman
Isaac - thanks again for the shoutbox feedback. Would you please let me know what file has the dropdown list and I will do a temporary mod until the update is released?

Nevermind - I found it in templates/default/header.tpl and removed the following code:

Code
<tr><td class="popup_menu_content"><a href="{ubb url="ubb=shoutchat"}" class="nd"><i class="fas fa-bullhorn fa-fw menu-item" aria-hidden="true"></i> {$lang.SHOUT_CHAT}</a></td></tr>

I assume the fix in the long term would have something like this with an if statement and the proper configuration variable (I just plugged a random SHOUT here)
Code
{if $config.SHOUT}
<tr><td class="popup_menu_content"><a href="{ubb url="ubb=shoutchat"}" class="nd"><i class="fas fa-bullhorn fa-fw menu-item" aria-hidden="true"></i> {$lang.SHOUT_CHAT}</a></td></tr>
{/if}

Last edited by whk; 02/19/2018 9:45 AM. Reason: temporary fix added to remove shoutbox from drop-down menu
UBB.threads Developer
UBB.threads Developer
This has been corrected and will be part of UBB.threads 7.7.2
The setting will be controlled by the "Control Panel: Permissions > Site > Can see the shoutbox" permission. And will will not display in the User Menu and Account Settings pages to groups that you've disabled the feature for.

Thank you for catching and reporting this bug. thumbsup

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Recent Topics
Looking for a forum
by azr - 03/15/2024 11:26 PM
Editing Links in Post
by Outdoorking - 03/15/2024 9:31 AM
Question on barkrowler and the like
by Mors - 02/29/2024 6:51 PM
Member Permissions Help
by domspeak - 02/27/2024 6:31 PM
Forum Privacy Policy
by ECNet - 02/26/2024 11:58 AM
Who's Online Now
2 members (Nightcrawler, Ruben), 322 guests, and 160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Random Gallery Image
Latest Gallery Images
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
by isaac, August 6
3D Creations
3D Creations
by JAISP, December 30
Artistic structures
Artistic structures
by isaac, August 29